It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2005, 02:12 PM   #1
(female)

sbabayan HB User
question about starting new pills

hi everyone,

I started Yasmin on July 24th. I was getting really scary side effects, including panic attacks. I did some research and found out that a lot of people have experienced this with yasmin and decided to switch. I called my doctora nd she told me to stop the pills asap, that was last wednesday. I go to see her on the 18th and I think I'm going to ask for Ortho-Tri-Cyclen Lo.

I just havea question about when my period is going to come...when can I start the pill again? Should I expect it when it would usually come, on the 23rd or 24th? or will it be later? thank you!

Old 08-08-2005, 02:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Daisies4monkeys HB User
Re: question about starting new pills

Your period may come when it normally would, but it may also come earlier or later. Since you started the pill and then stopped, it's very likely your period this month will not be at the time it would be had you not taken the pills.

You can start the pills when you get the prescription, or you can wait to start until your period has come. Either way, you must use back-up contraception such as condoms until you've taken the pill perfectly for seven consecutive days.

Also, if you start the pills prior to getting your period, you may well experience breakthrough bleeding.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread