It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2005, 04:12 PM   #1
(female)

SaltyWater HB User
Exclamation HELP! I lost one of my pills!!

Im on the 3rd week of my second back of birth contol pills (monophasics). I went to pop off the pill from the pack and i dropped it and couldnt find it! I have dropped the pill trying to extract it from the package before, but i have never lost it. So instead of skipping it, i took the very last hormone pill on the package (3rd Saturday pill) instead, so i wont mess up the upcoming days.

Now what should i do on Saturday?... Should i skip Saturday and take that 4th week off like i would regularly do? Will i have to use protection if i have sex on my placebo week? How would i make up for the pill that i lost? Will 8 placebo days instead of 7 really make a difference?

I read my package insert, and it doesnt say what do if i lose a pill.

Help!

Last edited by SaltyWater; 08-08-2005 at 04:23 PM. Reason: typo

Old 08-08-2005, 04:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: HELP! I lost one of my pills!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyWater
Im on the 3rd week of my second back of birth contol pills (monophasics). I went to pop off the pill from the pack and i dropped it and couldnt find it! I have dropped the pill trying to extract it from the package before, but i have never lost it. So instead of skipping it, i took the very last hormone pill on the package (3rd Saturday pill) instead, so i wont mess up the upcoming days.

Now what should i do on Saturday?... Should i skip Saturday and take that 4th week off like i would regularly do? Will i have to use protection if i have sex on my placebo week? How would i make up for the pill that i lost? Will 8 placebo days instead of 7 really make a difference?

I read my package insert, and it doesnt say what do if i lose a pill.

Help!
Since your pack will end 1 day earlier, you'll need to start your new pack one day earlier. Or, if you'd prefer not to change your day, you can start the new pack when originally scheduled, but you'll have to use a back-up method for 7 days again. You can not wait 8 days to start your new pack without using a back-up method; allowing more than 7 days can stimulate ovulation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2005, 07:34 PM   #3
(female)

SaltyWater HB User
Re: HELP! I lost one of my pills!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLSheridan
Since your pack will end 1 day earlier, you'll need to start your new pack one day earlier. Or, if you'd prefer not to change your day, you can start the new pack when originally scheduled, but you'll have to use a back-up method for 7 days again. You can not wait 8 days to start your new pack without using a back-up method; allowing more than 7 days can stimulate ovulation.
Thanks!! i think i will wait 8 days and use condoms or the first 7 days...

Closed Thread