It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2005, 09:11 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User
Spotting Vs Period???

Hello. I have been feeling PMS symptoms since last Thursday. They have dwindled down like I am suppose to start my period. Today I only feel the lower back pain. The light cramps, frequent urination, and soar boobs have gone away. I switched from a low dose b/c to a regular dose July 24th (I am a Sunday starter). I was told my period wouldn't start until I am on the last weeks pills. I start them this coming Sunday. I starting spotting pink blood on Monday (Aug 8). It was only on the tp. Yesterday, there was a little on my panties and it was red and slimy. Today I wore a pad. The blood is brown and very light. I am on day 39 of my cycle. I am trying to keep track of my period. Is this considered my period, or just spotting leading up to my period or perhabs bleeding do to the b/c? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brandi

Old 08-10-2005, 10:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User
Re: Spotting Vs Period???

Thank you. I am not to worried about it. I am just trying to keep my period tracked so I know my "regular" schedule.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2005, 11:49 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Daisies4monkeys HB User
Re: Spotting Vs Period???

After you have been on the pill for a while, your period will probably come on the same day each month, for example, many women get their periods on the second day of placebo (sugar) pills. Many even get it the same time of day each month. The pill "takes over" your cycle.

What you are having sounds like spotting, but it could also be the beginnng of your period. It takes your body three to six months to get used to the pill, and so spotting like this and early periods can happen. It's nothing to be concerned about, and after a few packs of pills, your period should come around the same day and time each month, during the fourth week of pills.

The pill you were on previously was a "mini" pill, meaning it had only progestin in it. The pill you are on now is a combined pill, meaning it has both progestin and estrogen. The combined pill is much better at regulating periods then the "mini" pill. Irregular bleeding like you experienced (periods every two weeks I think you said) is normal on the "mini" pill, but with the combined pill, after the first few months, it is a lot less likely.

Last edited by Daisies4monkeys; 08-10-2005 at 11:53 AM.

Closed Thread