It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2005, 08:06 PM   #1
(female)

AznaOnEarth HB User
Angry I want to stop taking BCPs NOW!! Help

I been taking Ortho-Tricylen Lo for almost a week and a half. I started taking it for muti reasons but since i been on it I been having major mood swings. I will start yelling and getting angry for little reasons. And I hate it even more because I'm taking it out on my mom. I love my mom and I would rather be back to my normal self. So I was wondering if I could stop taking the pill now or do I have to wait untill I'm done with the whole pack? And what will the side effects be if I stop now?

Old 08-10-2005, 09:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Daisies4monkeys HB User
Re: I want to stop taking BCPs NOW!! Help

Stopping now will likely make your periods a bit wacky for a while. Periods when first going off birth control are wacky anyhow, but stopping after just one and a half weeks just means it might be slightly more so. Other then that, you should be fine.

You could also consider switching to a different pill, either now or at the end of this pack. Doing it at the end of the pack will be better for your cycle, but if your mood swings are extreme, you can certainly switch sooner. Many women on the pill have to try several formulations before finding "the right fit".

Last edited by Daisies4monkeys; 08-11-2005 at 06:40 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2005, 10:52 PM   #3
(female)

Kikki HB User

If you can, try to stay on them for at least 2 cycles - once your body adjusts to the hormones, you should see your moods level. If after two cycles you are still unhappy, call your gyno and see if a lower hormone pill would work for what you need it to do. If it is a real problem, at least try to finish one cycle and then determine. The first month or two can be a bit hairy!

Old 08-11-2005, 03:35 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

bordrgrl HB User

I've discontinued mid-pack on the advice of my doctor. If you do it, you will probably have some withdrawal bleeding several days later. And then your cycles might go back to normal or they might be weird for awhile but that is unlikely since you've been on it such a short time.

Old 08-11-2005, 11:33 PM   #5
(female)

AznaOnEarth HB User

Thanks guys, I'm going to stop taking BC. I dont' think it's for me. Thanks again for the help.

Old 08-12-2005, 10:48 PM   #6
(female)

PinkyToe HB User

hi azna,

everyone is different, but i am one of those people who would go crazy on BCPs, then i was put on aleese and that was great. it's a lo-dose one. i would recommend trying another lo-dose or even something like the mini-pill has worked great for people that had bad luck with other main stream ones.

Closed Thread