It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2005, 07:50 AM   #1
(female)

Shmolissa HB User
Failed vasectomy pregnancy

Has anyone ever gotten pregnant years after husband/partner had a vasectomy? (this is assuming that you have not cheated on husband/partner) I know they say that the tubes can grow back together but it is very rare. I just wanted to know if anyone has expereinced it.

Melissa

Old 08-12-2005, 08:16 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

morrisun HB User
Re: Woman wants to know: ever had a vasectomy fail?

I know 3 people who have gotten pregnant after their husbands had vasectomy's. Two of those got pregnant within 2 years after the vasectomy, the other was 7 years later.
PCOS

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2005, 08:21 AM   #3
(female)

Shmolissa HB User

You're kidding! Well that doesn't make me feel any better. I was kind of hoping that nobody has.

Thanks anyway

Melissa

Old 08-12-2005, 08:27 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

morrisun HB User

Yeah I know what you mean! My husband is supposed to go in and get snipped soon. I can't be on the pill anymore because I developed clots. It makes me nervous! My best friend (who is now 11 weeks pregnant) she says her husband never went back to get his sperm count checked. His vasectomy probably never "worked" is what she thinks.
PCOS

Old 08-12-2005, 08:36 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User
Re: Woman with a question: Ever have a vasectomy fail?

I worked for a guy who once had a vasectomy. His wife became pregnant. It was determined that his vas deferens had grown together again. It is rare, but it can happen.

Old 08-12-2005, 09:39 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User
Re: Failed vasectomy pregnancy

DH's aunt/uncle had this happen....it was like 15 years after he got the vasectomy! She wasn't even suppose to be able to have children either!

Old 08-12-2005, 09:48 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybug8372 HB User

a nurse at my doctors office got pg about 3 years ago...her husband had had a vasectomy.....so it was a shock to both of them.....but she kept the baby. and things were fine.

Old 08-12-2005, 10:31 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kaleb's Mom 04 HB User

I have heard of it happening to several that they were pregnant and found out after the vasectomy, or that it occured in the window after the vasectomy. I know one lady that worked for the same company that I use to work for they had like a boy over 5 and she got pregnant, and it was a shock cause her DH had had vasectomy, but she lost that baby. And then got pregnant again right after that. But I am not sure how long it had been after the vasectomy, I know they had a ruff time with his family thinking she was having an affair. But I know it happens.
It's a GIRL EDD Jan 12, 2006

Old 08-12-2005, 06:40 PM   #9
(male)

Smoothie_Guy HB User

I had my vasectomy just under two years ago, and so far no problems. I went through the recommended 2 post op sperm counts, and all was fine. I went in again a month or so again, and again, I was clear of any sperm. I guess it took with me, but I will probably still have the check done annually.

Old 08-20-2005, 05:04 PM   #10
(female)

easthamfam HB User

My husband went in and was tested for his sperm count (?) which is what he was suppost to do like 6 weeks or 20 ejacualations after he had his vasectomy (he didnt because he was sent to Iraq when the war started). Had he went in when he was suppost to, we would have found out then there were still live floaters in there (almost certain it did not heal itself together as it is very rare), and not be faced with the situation today... our 7th child. my 9, 8, and 6 year old are mine and my ex's. He has an 8 yr old from a previous marraige also. Our 4 and 3 yr old are ours together, and this one. wow, I am 30 weeks and still in shock. Our families dont know still, and I made him go in for testing because I wanted to make sure toilet seats really can't do it to ya! LOL
Anyhow, yes it can happen, likely not though, after a SUCCESSFUL vasectomy! I blame it on Army doctors in my case!! haha Just be sure to tell every man who has it done to go back in for his check up!

Closed Thread