It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2005, 06:45 AM   #1
(female)

athena12 HB User
Plan B Vs. Birth Control

I had sex with my boyfriend with a condom but it broke, and we realized this after the fact. I am on birth control but i don't take it reguraly every day, i think within a 12 hour window though. I did go and get the Plan B within 24 hours, becuae I knew I wasn't taking the pills correctly. What are the chances i am pregnant? I was in my first week of a new pill pack, and does the fact that i've been on birth control for 4 months now decrease the risk of being pregnant?

Old 08-13-2005, 08:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: Plan B Vs. Birth Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by athena12
I had sex with my boyfriend with a condom but it broke, and we realized this after the fact. I am on birth control but i don't take it reguraly every day, i think within a 12 hour window though. I did go and get the Plan B within 24 hours, becuae I knew I wasn't taking the pills correctly. What are the chances i am pregnant? I was in my first week of a new pill pack, and does the fact that i've been on birth control for 4 months now decrease the risk of being pregnant?

Since you've taken Plan B, your chances are very low.

You need to step up and start taking your pill properly or consider another form of birth control. It's still to take the pill when you end up needing emergency contraception. Find a form of birth control that will fit your lifestyle.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2005, 05:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Longview HB User

First off let me say you did the right thing [even tho u are on BC] by going to get the plan b pills. i had a mishap and had to take those at the begginning of July. Everything worked out fine for me. Plan B is pretty effective so im sure you will be fine.

Last edited by Longview; 08-13-2005 at 05:52 PM.

Old 08-14-2005, 09:26 AM   #4
(female)

athena12 HB User

so i guess my other question is.. because i am still continuing to take my birth control.. and one of the side affects of plan b is that it could cause my period to be late or early.. will this happen because i am on birth control as is?

Closed Thread