It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2005, 08:05 AM   #1
(female)

Many Colours HB User
Question Questions on Meliane (BCP)

My doc has prescribed me 2 mth supply of Meliane.... but since im new to BCP and sex here are some questions:

1. Ive placed 2 pills in my wallet just in case when Im out, I will still be able to take it at my regular time of 11pm. Will this affect the cycle of the pills, the dosage etc? If it is monophasic, does that mean it is ok? Cos taking 2 pills out means messing up the pill cycle.

2. Must the full 21 days be followed (since some said 7 days would be effective enough)? Can I take 2 weeks and off one week for my period to arrive or must I observe 21 days before going off the pill for my period to arrive?

3. I set to take it at 11pm every night but sometimes i take it like 1000pm, 1130pm and so on but usually nothing more than 1 hr. Is the half hr difference gona make alot of difference?

Old 08-13-2005, 08:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: Questions on Meliane (BCP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Many Colours
My doc has prescribed me 2 mth supply of Meliane.... but since im new to BCP and sex here are some questions:

1. Ive placed 2 pills in my wallet just in case when Im out, I will still be able to take it at my regular time of 11pm. Will this affect the cycle of the pills, the dosage etc? If it is monophasic, does that mean it is ok? Cos taking 2 pills out means messing up the pill cycle.

2. Must the full 21 days be followed (since some said 7 days would be effective enough)? Can I take 2 weeks and off one week for my period to arrive or must I observe 21 days before going off the pill for my period to arrive?

3. I set to take it at 11pm every night but sometimes i take it like 1000pm, 1130pm and so on but usually nothing more than 1 hr. Is the half hr difference gona make alot of difference?
1. You should never take the pills out of their packaging and put them into your wallet. This can cause the pills to degrade, and become less effective. Medications are sensitive to heat, light, moisture, etc. They need to stay in their approved packaging to be safe. You shouldn't "run out" unless you loose a pill, which is another question all together. The pill is monophasic, so it really doesn't matter what order you take them in theortically, but you should follow the schedule on the packaging to that you don't get yourself confused.

2. You must take the full 21 days. Yes, it's effective against pregnancy after 2 days of use. But, you can't just start and stop the pill at your convenience. Once you start it you need to complete the full cycle.

3. The closest to the same time the better, although an hour shouldn't make much difference. Nonetheless, realize that not taking it at relatively the same time means that you're not taking the pill "perfectly" but rather "typically" and your effectiveness can be decreased.

If there is a package insert with your product read and reread it to familiarize yourself with how the pill works.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2005, 06:14 PM   #3
(female)

Many Colours HB User
Re: Questions on Meliane (BCP)

the instruction on the pill said its fine if you take it within a12 hrs frame. btu i think 12 hrs is reallly too long a time frame... and it says if you miss the pill at your time, and it is still taken within your 12 hrs, take it immediately and continue with the usual time again .... well but as far as im concerned i try not to go beyond 1 hr.

but the pill in the wallet has the same room temperature as the one i keep in my cupboard i think.. its jus as a safety precaution in case im out of the house at 11pm and i cant get hold of my pills. any other better ways?

Closed Thread