It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2005, 05:59 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Longview HB User
BC killing sex drive.

ok..this past week ive noticed ive just not really been in the mood to have sex. which, before i started BC, i was totally always in the mood when the time came. My boyfriend is asking me whats been up with this..i know its the pill and ive tried to explain to him that it most likely is from that..but he swears that its not. but my question is..is there anything i can do about this? will it eventually go away after my body adjusts better to the pill? I dont really want to go off the pill for this reason, but if it continues i just might. any suggestions?

Last edited by Longview; 08-13-2005 at 05:59 PM.

Old 08-13-2005, 06:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Post Re: BC killing sex drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longview
ok..this past week ive noticed ive just not really been in the mood to have sex. which, before i started BC, i was totally always in the mood when the time came. My boyfriend is asking me whats been up with this..i know its the pill and ive tried to explain to him that it most likely is from that..but he swears that its not. but my question is..is there anything i can do about this? will it eventually go away after my body adjusts better to the pill? I dont really want to go off the pill for this reason, but if it continues i just might. any suggestions?

The pill can affect your sex drive, but with all do respect, you've been worrying unnecessarily about the effectiveness of your pills. Of course, these worries are going to make sex less appealing.

Also, Longview, you've just started the pill. You have to give it at least 3 cycles in order for your body to adjust to the hormones; you've only been on the pill for 3 weeks.

Quit looking for reasons to change pills!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2005, 06:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Longview HB User
Re: BC killing sex drive.

lately i haven't been worried to much about the effectiveness. ive calmed down alot about it and said to myself..it does no good worrying now..its better to worry when there is a reason to worry. [like getting no period haha] but..anyways, yeah it still has felt like im just not into it. im even losing interest in kissing. ill give it time for my body to adjust to it though..thanks.

Last edited by Longview; 08-13-2005 at 06:44 PM.

Old 08-14-2005, 07:25 AM   #4
(female)

kellis HB User

I had this same problem while taking Mircette. Although it did well as far as side effects (I never gained weight or anything while on them),it killed my sex drive totally! I talked with my doctor about it and he put me on Loestrin Fe 1.5/30. It works really well for me and now my sex drive is back to normal. BCPs can alter your sex drive, so it's just a matter of finding one that works for you.

Old 08-14-2005, 11:02 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longview

Chances are, if your sex drive was great before starting the pill and now it's gone, it's probably from the pill. I was on Desogen for a month and the whole time my sex drive was dead. When I went off of it, it promptly returned. Just gotta wait and see. What pill are you on and how long have you been on it?

Old 08-14-2005, 11:16 AM   #6
(female)

SaltyWater HB User

I just finished my second pack of pills. I havent noticed any changes in sex drive... I consider myself a very sexual person so therefore i have a high sex drive (its a personality thing). But i do think you will bounce back from this... as it takes time to get used to the dose of hormones ur body is adjusting to.

Even women with natural cycles (not on birth control) go thru periods like this durin their cycles.

Old 08-15-2005, 09:17 PM   #7
(female)

RakMeHrda HB User

oh man, we are all out here struggling with our sex drives.. for the past hmm 2 yrs.. sex has been a "chore" of course i want to make him happy, and i do, but it's like ehh... ok i give up. So I switched from Desogen-Alesse-now to Yasmin.. hoping this will help, she said that Yasmin normally is better one for your libido. So i said GREAT! hah. I always am telling the bf.. it's the pill.. of course.. i get ya.. whatever.. crabby thoughts thrown at me..
guys don't understand! If only he knew me before the pills lol.. GRRRARRR!
so just keep testing them out.
Lyz

Closed Thread