It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2005, 08:39 PM   #1
(female)

Trashley HB User
Angry Weight Gain

Well I have no idea if this is related to the birth control that I'm using, but I have gained 10 lbs (seriously) within the last week or two. Usually I gain 3 or 4 lbs normally, then lose it again, but I have not been losing this extra 10 lbs!

Well i am on depo-provera, the shot, I've been on it for nearly 2 years now and I'm sapouse to get off of it in about 3-6 months because it isn't recomended for long-term use. I have never gained weight during my time on the shot, but suddenly now I've gained this 10 lbs.

I'm really not sure if this is true but my friend said, that if you gain a lot of weight on birth control the doctors can give you this 'water pill' to help you lose that weight again. I wanted to know if this is true and if they'll give it to someone who's just above the line of being overweight.

I'm 14, though my doctor says I've developed the body of an adult, and I'm 5'4 weighing 142 lbs. (use to weigh around 130-135)

Old 08-13-2005, 09:42 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

SayMoo HB User
Re: Weight Gain

if what you gained is water weight then it'll come off as soon as you get off the shot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2005, 08:28 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashley
Well I have no idea if this is related to the birth control that I'm using, but I have gained 10 lbs (seriously) within the last week or two. Usually I gain 3 or 4 lbs normally, then lose it again, but I have not been losing this extra 10 lbs!

Well i am on depo-provera, the shot, I've been on it for nearly 2 years now and I'm sapouse to get off of it in about 3-6 months because it isn't recomended for long-term use. I have never gained weight during my time on the shot, but suddenly now I've gained this 10 lbs.

I'm really not sure if this is true but my friend said, that if you gain a lot of weight on birth control the doctors can give you this 'water pill' to help you lose that weight again. I wanted to know if this is true and if they'll give it to someone who's just above the line of being overweight.

I'm 14, though my doctor says I've developed the body of an adult, an
d I'm 5'4 weighing 142 lbs. (use to weigh around 130-135)
Considering your age, the weight gain is probably due to maturation/puberty. Birth control, especially the shot is linked to weight gain. Have you tried exercising and changing your diet to try to loose the weight?

If the weight is from fat, muscle, bone, etc, no amount on diuretic is going to help. Diuretics will only help flush water from the body. And, it's not without side effects to do that, either, and I'd imagine that any good doctor would hesitate to prescribed them to a young girl who's still growing.

Old 08-14-2005, 11:53 AM   #4
(female)

Trashley HB User

Yeah I thought so. I'm not sure if it's water-weight. But I have noticed my measurments have changed though I still wear the same size. (wich i perfere a slightly baggy fit)

And I don't need to grow anymore! What left is there to grow for! I havn't gotten any taller, my feet - same size for years, clothes size same for years, my eye sight, has changed little. I use to grow like crazy when I was younger, no I'm kinda like, not lol.

It doesn't worry me that much, just kinda annoying knowing that I now top the scales at 140. eh.

Closed Thread