It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2005, 08:30 AM   #1
(female)

Colleen04 HB User
going off pill and pregnancy

I just stopped taking the pill after being on it for 4 months. I just had way to much nausea. Anyway...a week after my period (my last period of still being on the pill) I had unprotected sex. He did not finish inside of me, and he didn't even use the "withdrawl" method. It was just sex without a condom and then he finished himself off afterwards. Anyway...now I know ANYTIME a women can become pregnant, but since I just got off BC I'm not quite sure what the chances are in comparison to have never been on the pill. So basically all I am worried about is the precum. And we are going to start using condoms again. I know precum there isn't always sperm in it...but I guess my question is how easy is it to get pregnant after getting of BC in a situation like mine?

Old 08-14-2005, 10:31 AM   #2
(female)

SaltyWater HB User
Re: going off pill and pregnancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen04
I just stopped taking the pill after being on it for 4 months. I just had way to much nausea. Anyway...a week after my period (my last period of still being on the pill) I had unprotected sex. He did not finish inside of me, and he didn't even use the "withdrawl" method. It was just sex without a condom and then he finished himself off afterwards. Anyway...now I know ANYTIME a women can become pregnant, but since I just got off BC I'm not quite sure what the chances are in comparison to have never been on the pill. So basically all I am worried about is the precum. And we are going to start using condoms again. I know precum there isn't always sperm in it...but I guess my question is how easy is it to get pregnant after getting of BC in a situation like mine?
I think this depends on the female. Some get pregnant right after stopping the pill, some even get pregnant during the pill. I have heard that it takes ur body some tine to re-adjust before your able to get pregnant.

I personally used the withrawal method for years, and not on the pill, and never got pregnant. But i wouldnt recommend it as i have friends that swear that they got pregnant on precum alone.

If your getting very nauseus cuz of the pill, try takig it before bed so you wouldnt feel those effects (its what i do )

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2005, 10:54 AM   #3
(female)

Colleen04 HB User

The thing is is I did take the pill before I went to bed! Well around 9ish anyway....One pill made me nauses at night the other in the morning...and when I mixed alcohol it made it even worse...so I figured I'd be better without it. I've only been off of it for a week (minus my week of period) and my body already feels 100% better. I'm just going to have to get used to condoms again even though it is SO much better without.

Old 08-14-2005, 11:16 AM   #4
(female)

cremebrulee HB User

Saltywater is right. Every woman is different. Some women get pregnant right after they stop the pill or take the pill just a few hours late. Other women it takes several months before they can even get pregnant. My friend stopped the pill in May and in June found out she was pregnant.

Have you tried different brands? Every woman reacts differently to the different levels of hormones. For me what seems to work the best are the monophasic pills. The triphasic pills really screwed me up. I tried taking ortho tricyclen several times over the years and was miserable on it but kept on taking it because that was the most popular brand at the time. I decided to give birth control pills another try and my dermatologist recommended yasmin to me. I love it. It doesn't feel like I am on anything at all.

If you are in a committed relationship, the pill is a very reliable form of birth control. Condoms are inconvenient. Talk to your doctor about alternative forms of birth control.

Old 08-14-2005, 11:22 AM   #5
(female)

SaltyWater HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen04
The thing is is I did take the pill before I went to bed! Well around 9ish anyway....One pill made me nauses at night the other in the morning...and when I mixed alcohol it made it even worse...so I figured I'd be better without it. I've only been off of it for a week (minus my week of period) and my body already feels 100% better. I'm just going to have to get used to condoms again even though it is SO much better without.
Try switching to a low-dose monophasic pill. Im on Loestrin 1/20 and it doesn't feel like im on anything at all. (i only take it at night because im not a morning person). I dont have any side effects from it so far.
Triphasics do kinda mess u up, becasue it has its ups and downs with doseage.

Old 08-14-2005, 11:50 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

bordrgrl HB User

Obviously whats done is done. But if it will ease your mind, start checking your cervical fluid every time you go to the bathroom. Sperm can live 5 days in fertile cervical fluid, so if you've got more than 5 days of cervical fluid left this cycle, any sperm probably died before you ovulated. "Sticky" cervical fluid is the least fertile. You may notice streaks in your underwear. "Creamy" cervical fluid is more fertile. It will leave more of a round spot in your underwear and can be clear or white or yellowish. It doesn't stretch. "Egg white" cervical fluid is clear and stretches and is the most fertile. Its a good sign of impending ovulation. Once you ovulate you should dry up very quickly. Just wipe before and after you go to the bathroom to check it. Sometimes cervical fluid can be messed up when discontinuing the pill, but I hope it will help you worry less.
And like the others said, some women are less fertile after discontinuing the pill and others go right back to normal.

Closed Thread