It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2005, 03:13 PM   #1
(female)

michellesarah HB User
Question IUD Cramping and Spotting

I had a copper IUD inserted in February '05 and expelled it about 42 days later. I had a new one put in and since then my period has been normal except the last few weeks I've been spotting everyday. It starts with really bad cramps in the afternoon and I spot for about 2-6 hours lightly....then nothing else until the next afternoon. This has been going on for about 2 weeks now...I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen...I love having an IUD, but I just hope this is a temporary setback. Any input would be appreciated!

Last edited by michellesarah; 08-16-2005 at 10:27 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2005, 06:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User
Re: IUD Cramping and spotting

I got my mirena inserted almost a month ago, i was at the end of my period and was still kinda spotting, after having it put in i have spotted and bled everyday since some days is just spotting some i need a tampon i am due to start my period again wednesday and not sure if i will start or not if i will bleed like i usually do during it or just keep doin what i am doing the doctor says if i can just get thru the first months with this it will all be ok so that is what i am hoping for, hope that helped and hope it gets better for you soon, also how did u know yours had expelled itself by seeing it or feeling for it and it was not there?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2005, 10:25 AM   #3
(female)

michellesarah HB User

I knew I expelled it because when I was checking it a few days after my period I could feel the plastic tip of the IUD sticking out of the end of my cervix. I just hope this one is alright...but I am a little worried about all the spotting...this replacement IUD has been in almost 5 months now and this is the first problem I've had with it. I guess it could also be a hormone reaction since I was on BC for 8 years. Thanks for your imput! Good luck too!

Old 08-16-2005, 05:48 PM   #4
(female)

jenn1v HB User

hi,

cramping is more common with the Pargard IUD. I have had mine sine March of this year. I had the worse cramps at the beginning, since then they have gotten better. I'm not sure about the spotting. I haven't had that problem.

Closed Thread