It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2005, 04:56 PM   #1
(female)

Allison1125 HB User
Doubling up to stop btb...

Can anyone give me some info on how to do this? i've been having btb every month since i started taking the pill...its been 7 months now (2 different pills). i'm currently on ovcon-35. it started again today so i called my gyn today to see what i could do about this & she said i could double up, but she doesnt recommend it because it can make you feel sick. well, i dont care if i feel a little sick...i'm going away with my boyfriend on wednesday & i really want this to stop! i take my pill every morning at 8:45 on the dot. i just took another pill at 7:45 pm...figured i'd give it a shot...dont have much time till my trip.

so my question is, do i take the 2 pills at the same time or do i space them out during the day? is it ok that i just took another one 11 hours after my 1st one? does anyone have any experience with this? does it work? how long does it take? etc...

my dr wants me to come in for a sonohystogram to see why this is happening...but thats a whole other post! right now i'm just trying to block that out of my head & get this bleeding to stop so i can enjoy some alone time with my bf. god knows i need it. any help would be extremely appreciated!!

Old 08-15-2005, 05:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User
Re: Doubling up to stop btb...

Im sorry I dont have an answer but I do have a question. Are you saying you take 2 pills a day to shorten your period? sorry...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2005, 05:35 PM   #3
(female)

Allison1125 HB User

not to shorten a period but to help stop bleeding that occurs during the active pill part of the month and only because this keeps happening every month at the same time. i saw a post from you that you're having a pretty long period. when did you start the pill? my 1st month on the pill, my initial period lasted 12 days i think (i started the pill the 1st day of my period). if you have been on the pill for a while i would give your dr a call. if this is the 1st month, its normal & you should try to wait it out a few more days. frustrating huh?

Old 08-15-2005, 05:37 PM   #4
(female)

Allison1125 HB User

oh & i just remembered another question that i left out of my initial post. if i double up for a few days, do i take my week off when i finish the active pills in this pack or do i have to start a new pack so i get the full 21 days to be fully protected?

thanks

Old 08-15-2005, 05:42 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

This is my first month on bc since I've had my son. I got pregnant on the pill a year ago and just went back on it to level out my hormones. I would have NEVER done that if someone told me my period would last this long. It didnt do that when I first started bc three years ago, but I'm on a diff pill now too. I'm looking for ways to stop it though because yes it is beyond frustrating.

Old 08-15-2005, 05:49 PM   #6
(female)

Allison1125 HB User

i'm sure if you call your dr they will say give it time. thats what they told me when i called up freaking out the 1st month. it would be nice if they told you these things before you started! but it should stop soon. i think you should probably give your body a chance to adjust at least for a few more days & then if it keeps going call your dr. they say it takes 3 months for you to fully adjust anyways. your dr probably wont tell you to do anything different. i think doubling up is a last resort for people like me who have been going through months & months of this.

Old 08-15-2005, 06:55 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Daisies4monkeys HB User

You need to take active pills for 21 consecutive days in order to be protected.

You can certainly space out the pills, rather then taking them at the same time to avoid nausea.

Old 08-15-2005, 07:26 PM   #8
(female)

Allison1125 HB User

thank you daisies....i was hoping you would reply. you always have good advice! thanks again

Closed Thread