It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2005, 05:27 PM   #1
(female)

dandytoo HB User
vomiting and the pill

Okay I usually take my pill everyday at 10:30am, Saturday night I was drinking a little and in the morning (sunday) around 8:30am I vomited I didn't end up taking my next pill till 3pm, a little late and later that night had sex with my BF....anyone think this will effect me? Should I take plan B?

Last edited by dandytoo; 08-15-2005 at 05:31 PM.

Old 08-15-2005, 05:43 PM   #2
(female)

Allison1125 HB User
Re: vomiting and the pill

i'm not sure. i think they say to take it in a 3 hour window...that was 4 & 1/2 hours. i would say to use back-up for 7 days but since you already had sex, i dont know. i'm not an expert on the pill...wish i could be of more help. if you're really worried then i guess it couldnt hurt to go the plan b route. it might also depend on how far along in your cycle you are but i'm not sure. i bet someone else will post a better answer for you...good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2005, 07:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Daisies4monkeys HB User
Re: vomiting and the pill

Check your pill packet for information, but with MOST combined birth control pills (containing ethinyl estradiol and a progestin) a pill is not considered "missed" until it is twelve hours late. Also, with most combined pills, missing one pill does not require the use of back-up.

Check what the info for your particular pill says, but you are more then likely perfectly fine, and do not require the use of back-up, and therefore do not require Plan B.

Closed Thread