It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2005, 08:26 PM   #1
(female)

laskalady HB User
Bcps and libido

I've been on seasonale now for 5 months and all the while i have had absolutely no sex drive at all! Could the pill be causing this problem? I never had sex before taking the pill so I cant really compare it to the past. Would it last for this long if it were the pill? I've heard stories of the pill affecting libido, but my case seems a bit extreme. I mean could the pill take away your libido all togethere? Is there anyone out there who has experienced this same thing? I'm wondering if I should try switching pills or if my problem is more than the pill. Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2005, 08:56 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

caliente HB User
Re: Bcps and libido

the pill completely killed my libido.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2005, 07:09 AM   #3
(female)

omalll HB User

same thing happened to me. i was on OTC Lo, and i complained to my gyno and she switched me to mircette. things are a lot better now... ask your Dr to switch you, and they should know which pills would be better. but it may take a couple weeks on a new pill to see a difference. I noticed a difference by the start of my 2nd cycle of mircette.

Old 08-16-2005, 10:26 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Longview HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by laskalady
I've been on seasonale now for 5 months and all the while i have had absolutely no sex drive at all! Could the pill be causing this problem? I never had sex before taking the pill so I cant really compare it to the past. Would it last for this long if it were the pill? I've heard stories of the pill affecting libido, but my case seems a bit extreme. I mean could the pill take away your libido all togethere? Is there anyone out there who has experienced this same thing? I'm wondering if I should try switching pills or if my problem is more than the pill. Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

This is also starting to happen to me ..but im on OTC Lo. I have known a few people to completly lose there sex drive while on the pill..and my one friend is on the patch and she has said her libido is totally gone. It's nothing fun to lose. I can tell already. :-/

Old 08-16-2005, 11:20 AM   #5

KritterKeeper HB User
Red face Re: Bcps and libido

DITTO! I've been on three different kinds and each one has brought my sex drive to a screeching halt! I'm actually taking a break at the moment just to give myself a chance to find that missing drive. Sure enough it's back. {removed} I've tried Yasmin, Cyclessa and OTC lo and all of them had the same effect

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 08-16-2005 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Please make a new thread for your question

Old 08-16-2005, 12:19 PM   #6
(female)

octoberbride HB User

I just went off of Seasonale b/c of this. I am now on Yasmin and it has helped, but I heard Yasmin is really not much better. I think all BCPs affect it sadly.

Old 08-16-2005, 01:49 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

lady346 HB User

I was on Seasonale for a little over a month with ABSOLUTELY no sex drive. What is funny is that my boyfriend was out of the country that month and you'd think that would make my libido go crazy, since I normally miss him 'in that way' when he's away for weeks But...I felt nothing- it majorly decreased on that pill. I am on the Nuva Ring now and everything is totally normal in that department.

Old 08-16-2005, 04:40 PM   #8
(female)

SaltyWater HB User

I just finished my second pack of pills. I havent noticed any changes in my sex drive... I consider myself a very sexual person so therefore i have a high sex drive (its a personality thing).
I have heard that the pill may also decrease lubrication a woman produces, but i have not seen these changes.

I think you will bounce back from this... as it takes time to get used to the dose of hormones ur body is adjusting to.

Last edited by SaltyWater; 08-16-2005 at 04:41 PM.

Old 08-16-2005, 05:52 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Divation HB User

I am almost through with my 5th pack of Seasonale and I don't know if it's because I had a period a month or two ago or what, but my sex drive is like non existant now too. When I first started bcp my sex drive was through the roof, but I think once I had my period it through everything off from now on. Weirdness.

Old 08-16-2005, 07:31 PM   #10
(female)

laskalady HB User

Thanx for all the responses. I thought I was the only one with a no sex drive on these pills. Does anyone know why the pill causes this effect in women?

Old 08-17-2005, 11:08 AM   #11
(female)

Ankyra80 HB User

I think it has to do with the Estrogen (female hormone) in the pill. Sex drive is usually caused by the male hormone: testosterone. Women naturally have less of this than men. With the pill, u have more estrogen in your body than testosterone.

Please correct me if i am wrong...

Old 08-18-2005, 11:08 AM   #12
(female)

blonde_girl HB User

I have been on the pill for 4 years (OTC and now OTC Lo). My libido is definetely not the same as before I was on the pill, but I attributed it to being younger and more experimental, but maybe I am wrong. I just feel wierd going to the dr. and being like, hi I don't want sex, I think something is wrong. That would be awesome if I could find something that would up the sex drive...my BF would appreciate it too. {removed}

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 08-18-2005 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Please make a new thread for your question.

Closed Thread