It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2005, 05:23 AM   #1
(female)

samira_a HB User
questions about condom/EC pill

Hi all
I have some questions about condom/pill use (plz bear with my english) :

1. if my boyfriend uses condom properly each time and every time we have sex , I mean , the condom doesn't break or tear or slip , AND ALSO he withdraw "before" ****** , is there still a need for the pill?
He is very experienced , especially in masturbation , and he told me he exactly knows when he is going to ejaculate.

2. we can have sex only once a week , i mean at most , due to our schedules and living with our parents.
the only pill available in my country is some LD pill , containing ethinyl estradiol 0.03 mg, levonorgestrel 0.15mg . it oly has generic name , no label name , but it has the same amount of hormones as Nordette or Levlen as I know.
I have heard that I can use 2 doses of 4 of these pills (within 12 hours) , after sex , as emergency contraception . Is it wise to use them so, instead of regular use (ongoing contraception) if i'm having sex once a week or less?
what are cons and pros?
please note that for some reasons it is VERY VERY important for me not to get pregnant . I want my chances of pregnancy becomes about 0% .
thnx

Old 08-17-2005, 05:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Daisies4monkeys HB User
Re: questions about condom/EC pill

You can only get your chances of pregnancy to 0% if you stop having sex. But if you take the pill normally, and use condoms as well, then your chances are very low.

EC was not meant to be taken once a week -- it's too many hormones and would make a mess of your body. Take the pills as they are meant to be taken -- one a day -- and use condoms and your chances of pregnancy will be quite low indeed.

Also, EC is not as effective as the pill. The pill, when taken correctly, prevents pregnancy 99.9% of the time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread