It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2005, 07:56 AM   #1

Britt130 HB User
Seasonale??

Does anyone have any experiences? I'm currently on Desogen & am having some issues with it. I've skipped a period all together, been nauseous, had more frequent migraines & extreme mood swings. I was on OTC for about 4 years prior to Desogen & didn't have any issues except for irregularity the last month I took it. I was thinking Seasonale might be good for me bc I seem to get real down and out while on the placebo pills. Any responses would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks

Old 08-18-2005, 05:11 AM   #2

Britt130 HB User
Re: Seasonale??

Anyone????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2005, 09:31 PM   #3
(female)

laskalady HB User

I've been on Seasonale for about cose to 6 mos. now. I think the biggest problem with this pill is the spotting! I'm sure you're heard it, but everyone is different. Perhaps for you it wont be a problem. It took me about 3 mos. to stop the constant spotting. However one day I forgot to take my pill and it all went back downhill. This is the only big prob I"ve had with it so far.

Old 08-18-2005, 09:37 PM   #4
(female)

hpybtms HB User

I was on it for three months and couldn't stand the spotting. I spotted continually for six weeks! It was really awful. Not only did I spot but {removed} Some people have good experience with it but it wasn't for me.

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 08-24-2005 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Off Topic

Old 08-20-2005, 06:31 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Divation HB User

I haven't had any spotting at all. Maybe because I'm slighly underweight?

The only problem I have had is really bad mood swings. It's been almost unbearable lately; I cry for no reason, I fight with my boyfriend for no reason. But I'm hoping this phase will pass soon because I'm not always like this.

Other than that, I really like Seasonale. Not having a period every 3 months is awesome!

Old 08-20-2005, 06:57 AM   #6
(female)

CajunTabby HB User

I just started taking seasonale on sunday. I am not taking it for bc, but to help with very heavy periods. If you do some searching on the web, you will find that it isn't a very popular pill. In fact, my doctor was surprised when I asked about it.

Most of the posts that I have read commented that there was too much spotting and btb with seasonale. My doctor said that he doesn't get many request for it because most of his patients aren't comfortable with having only 4 periods per year.

It has been 10 years since the last time I was on bc. My hubby had a vasectomy; therefore, it was unnecessary. Aside from wondering if I'll suffer from too much spotting and btb, my main concern is the cost. I'm not sure how much of the cost will be covered by my insurance since I didn't pay for the pack that I just started (sample from doc). I have done some research and found that there are at least 5 other pills that are supposedly the same as seasonale, but they are packaged for monthly use. Anyone of those would be a cheaper alternative to seasonale. I have been researching other monophasic pills as well since any of those can be used continuously to skip periods.

I guess only time will tell if Seasonale is right for me. It would be great if those that have been using it for a year, or more, would give us some feedback.

Tabby

Old 08-22-2005, 07:33 AM   #7

Britt130 HB User

Thank you all for your responses! I'm not sure what to do.. I seriously doubt I have the patience for BTB. Thanks again

Old 08-22-2005, 07:41 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User

{removed}

I do have the mood swings, I havent gained a pound. I did have the spotting. It does happen from time to time, but to me its worth it. I have been on it for about a year and a half now. And i've had it where I dont have any spotting what so ever. Other months I do for a few days. It happens.

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 08-24-2005 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Off Topic

Old 08-23-2005, 03:42 PM   #9
(female)

lorraine521 HB User

hey iv'e been on seasonale for a little bit over a year now and experienced absolutley know spotting, or any other side effects at all, my body took it very well.even when i forget to take it every once in a while, im surprised i still didnt get any side effects.i really enjoy having 4 periods a year. {removed} i got lucky on that!

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 08-24-2005 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Off Topic

Old 08-23-2005, 08:52 PM   #10
(female)

lostinreality HB User

I did the drug trials for Seasonal and loved it. It basically is a three month of supply of Nordette which I took back in the late 80's.

I had some spotting but it went away after being on it for 6 months.

Closed Thread