It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2005, 12:05 PM   #1
(female)

superchick_4u HB User
Question Any Diane 35 users???

I just turned 19 in July and realized how sick I was of having zits pop out randomly, I have been taking acne creams every day twice a day for the last 2 years and I did not improve it , so I went to the Doctor and he said my other option was birth control pills. So I decided to take them. Well the pill I take is Diane 35 and my Doctor told me that it is will not stop pregnancy. So I've been on the pills for about a month and 2 weeks, I'm just curious to see what other people who have been on the pill have to say about it.
*Does acne stay away even after you've stopped taking the pill?
*How long did it take you?
*Any side effect?
etc............you get the picture..........

Thanx

Old 08-17-2005, 02:58 PM   #2
(female)

Melissa1983 HB User
Re: Any Diane 35 users???

My doctopr started me on Diane 35 too.. when I was 14, for acne. It worked minorly for a bit with my acne, but not for much longer. It gives you WILD mood swings.. all together I hated them. I'm now on Ortho Tri-Cyclen and its wonderful. I would ask your doctor for these!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2005, 06:23 AM   #3
(female)

superchick_4u HB User

Anyone Else??????????

Old 08-24-2005, 04:03 PM   #4
(female)

cricketchicket HB User

It won't work for birth control??? What are you talking about? Either I've been mislead and incredibly lucky for the past 6 years, or you're not getting the correct information! I have been on Diane-35 for birth control, but first and foremost, acne treatment. I started taking it over 6 years ago and it has cleared my face wonderfully (although my skin has also gotten much drier and my diet has changed drastically in the past few years). I also use it as my ONLY form of birth control and I've never gotten pregnant, or been late for that matter. It is an effective birth control pill, but doctors will not prescibe it for THAT. Its target use is an acne treatment, and *then* effective birth control. I think the reason that docs won't prescibe it for BC only is because of the higher risk of developing blood clots (DVT) from its use.

Old 08-24-2005, 04:04 PM   #5
(female)

cricketchicket HB User

Also, I didn't have any side effects when I started the pill, although I think my boobs got a cup size bigger. I'm not sure of what happens when you are off the pill, as I haven't stopped, yet.

Old 08-24-2005, 05:35 PM   #6
(female)

cremebrulee HB User

i was olnly on diane-35 for a month. it is not available here in the US so I ordered it from overseas. I was on Yasmin and was quite happy with it but heard a few things about diane-35 so decided to give it a try. (i bought six months worth of it and took just one month. what a waste.) I couldn't stand my mood swings on it. I just started seeing this guy and I was on the phone with him and I was in tears during our conversation. good thing he doesn't think i am a drama queen. i also noticed that i had more pimples on my face during the month i was on diane-35. okay maybe i didn't give it enough time to work. i think that it works as an acne medication if the cause of your acne is hormonal because it works by blocking androgens. in many countries it is categorized as an acne medication but not birth control even though it works like bc. i read somewhere that the effectiveness of it as bc is slightly lower than other brands of bc. i also noticed that i was bloated on diane-35. i switched back to yasmin because i never feel bloated on it. i do not have any crazy mood swings and my face is a lot clearer on it.

you cannot go on my experience. everyone has a different reaction to different brands of birth control. i cannot take ortho tricyclen. some people hate the side effects of yasmin. take it and see how you feel. if you don't like it, try a different brand.

Old 08-25-2005, 05:16 AM   #7
(female)

superchick_4u HB User

I'm not looking to get off Diane 35 but I was just curious about it. So you can use it as a form of contraception? Weird! Cuz My doc told me that it should not be used as a form of contraception alone. So what am I supposed to believe? Is there anyone else that has used it as b/c pill alone?

Old 08-25-2005, 06:23 AM   #8
(female)

cricketchicket HB User

Well, they cannot actually prescribe Diane-35 for birth control alone because of the slightly increased risks, but i think if you ask most people who have taken it for acne AND birth control they will tell you it works (if you take the pill everyday at the same time, of course!)

Old 08-25-2005, 06:49 AM   #9
(female)

cricketchicket HB User

PS- I mean slightly increased risks of blood clots.

Old 08-25-2005, 07:27 AM   #10
(female)

superchick_4u HB User

Well thank you very much for letting me know I was pretty confused about the whole thing. Thanx

Old 08-25-2005, 04:00 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketchicket
PS- I mean slightly increased risks of blood clots.
Actually Diane-35 has FOUR TIMES the risk of blood clots as regular birth control. That's why in many countries it's not allowed to be prescribed for birth control use only. It is suppose to be prescribed for severe acne, and for short-term use only (in certain countries) because of the added risks associated with this brand.

But it IS a perfectly good means of birth control. I have no idea why your doctor would try to tell you otherwise. Hopefully he at least warned you about the added risks???

Old 08-25-2005, 04:36 PM   #12
(female)

raskul HB User

I was on Diane 35 for a few years and I used it as a birth control I was perscibed it to help my acne and I found it did help and it is fairly clear now that I am off of it. I don't really remember any side effects and I thought it helped. Birth control works so differently for different people though. Good Luck

Old 08-26-2005, 06:38 AM   #13
(female)

superchick_4u HB User

Just Yesterday my leg started to feel a bit weak & numb so I went to the hospital but here in Leaington, ON Our hospitals SUCK, I mean there was at least a 7 hour wait in the Emergency room, so yeah I decided to sleep on it but It still feels a bit weak, so I'm getting scared can anyone help? I'll probably end up going to the walk in clinic.

Old 09-01-2005, 12:46 PM   #14
(female)

mittens82 HB User

I took Diane35 for 3 months but my doctor took me off of it cause she was worried it was starting to cause depression (i have a history). Turns out my thyroid levels were a little low, which can be mistaken for depression symptoms. I've had hypothyroidism since I was 13 and been taking meds for it. Anyone taking meds for hypothyroidism may experience what I experienced because the BCP (especially those with higher levels of estrogen) can decrease the ammout your body absorbs from your meds.

As for other side effects of diane i got some mood swings just before my period, i felt like i was always gonna cry, and i had breast tenderness. My boobs got a bit fuller and my pants got tighter. It also killed my sex drive. My doc switched me to Alesse (like Diane also for acne and for birth control but not as strong in the acne fighting department) to see how I react to that.

Closed Thread