It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2005, 07:06 AM   #1
(female)

mithrril HB User
Late Periods?

I know what causes late or missed periods...stress, severe weight change, etc....and of course pregnancy. It still seems strange to me that you can be late while on the pill, since it's being very controlled by hormones and such. If you're late on the pill, when do you usually get your period? In other words, how long should one wait it out before they get worried? Is it common to be a day late...up to a week late? What?

Old 08-18-2005, 07:26 AM   #2
(female)

mickih HB User
Re: Late Periods?

I would say no longer than a week. Your period can definatley vary between 1-5 days. Mine did even when I was on the pill. I now have an IUD which makes my period even more unpredictable.

I don't now how late you are, but if it hasn't been a week, then I wouldn't worry yourself yet.

Mickih

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2005, 07:32 AM   #3
(female)

mithrril HB User

Oh, it's only a little over half a day right now. I'm just curious. And I worry a lot... My car is in the shop and I'm really freaking out because I can't get a pregnancy test just to ease my mind, since I have no way to get to the pharmacy. I know I shouldn't really be worried at this stage...I was just wondering what the average "lateness" is. My natural cycle is WAY off, between 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 months so I figure it would make sense if I'm a little more off than most people, even on the pill. I've had sex multiple times but we've always used condoms, they've never leaked, broken, or spilled as far as I know, and I've never missed a single pill or even been late taking them. I just wish I COULD get to the store so I could get a test just in case. :P

Old 08-18-2005, 07:47 AM   #4
(female)

mickih HB User

If you've been using extra protection. I am sure you are fine. Are you feeling like you are getting ready to start. Crampy, bloating, etc.?

Old 08-18-2005, 07:49 AM   #5
(female)

mithrril HB User

No, but I don't usually have anything before my period. I've never been one to get cramps or anything along those lines. I had a feeling I was starting last night (when I was supposed to) but that didn't happen. :P I've never been able to predict when I'm going to have my period due to my irregularity and my lack of symptoms...and I just started with Yasmin...this is my second pack. I'm not sure if I've settled down to a certain time yet, since I just started.

Old 08-18-2005, 09:07 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

star_shine_2010 HB User

If you take your pill correctly, don't worry the only periods i can remember (i've been on the pill 5 years and have a HORRIBLE memory) were on ortho evra, where my periods would start the day before i put my patch back ON and last 10 days, then ortho tri-cyclen they'd start at all different crazy times! haha! with evra it was down to a T when i'd start, but with otc it was VERY unpredictable. I just finished my 2nd period on ovcon-35 (i switched AGAIN ) and the first period was on my 3rd placebo pill, and lasted 1 day, but this time it was on my 2nd placebo pill and lasted a good 3 days. I am VERY stressed out about college, etc. so I know that stress can cause late period EVEN on bc. So my bet is that you're stressed out just relax...some women rarely have periods on the pill. if you are one, consider yourself one lucky duck

Old 08-18-2005, 09:15 AM   #7
(female)

mithrril HB User

Well, I'm already on my 6th placebo pill...but my last period started in the evening of my 5th placebo pill. I think it's weird that my period comes so late in the week since most people I talk to have it by their 3rd placebo pill.

Closed Thread