It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2005, 10:44 AM   #1
(female)

Location: Close On Nothing Way Away Yonder (Behind God's Back)
Biggienomuch HB User
Angry Alesse Symptoms

I've been on Alesse since April and it's August now so i've been on it for 4 months. for the past month i've noticed that my eating habits have changed. I get full faster and im very picky about what i eat... I thought it was pregnancy cravings but i got my monthly so that's ruled out. I was thinking of going to my doctor and changing presciptions. Has Alesse been affecting anyone else like this?

Old 08-25-2005, 05:04 AM   #2
(female)

raskul HB User
Re: Alesse Symptoms

I just switched to aleese this month and so far I hate it. I haven't noticed anything about my eating habits but My breats have been tender and sore for the past week because (my doctor says) of the hormones. I also have been having the same cramping I use to have when I didn't take birth control. Did you suffer from any of this when you first started aleese?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2005, 08:27 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by raskul
I just switched to aleese this month and so far I hate it. I haven't noticed anything about my eating habits but My breats have been tender and sore for the past week because (my doctor says) of the hormones. I also have been having the same cramping I use to have when I didn't take birth control. Did you suffer from any of this when you first started aleese?

That is common when starting any new birth control. You need to give the birth control several months before the side effects go away.

Old 09-01-2005, 12:53 PM   #4
(female)

mittens82 HB User

I just started Alesse too. So far so good (but i only started it this week). I noticed a change in my eating also. I get fuller faster and just can't bring myself to eat everything on my plate! Maybe this will go away. I was also on Diane35 for 3 months before this and didnt notice a change in eating habits

Old 09-02-2005, 03:14 PM   #5
(female)

glowxbabyxglow HB User

that's strange. i'm also on alesse and i've found that my appetite has INCREASED rather than decreased. i'll eat a full meal and then less than 3 hours later i'm starving again, strange for someone who can usually not eat if necessary for 8 hours and not really be that hungry. but maybe i'm just strange.

Old 09-02-2005, 03:21 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by glowxbabyxglow
that's strange. i'm also on alesse and i've found that my appetite has INCREASED rather than decreased. i'll eat a full meal and then less than 3 hours later i'm starving again, strange for someone who can usually not eat if necessary for 8 hours and not really be that hungry. but maybe i'm just strange.

This is the typical side effect. Most women who find that they gain weight on the pill do so because they're eating more frequently. It isn't the pill itself that causes weight gain, but an increased appetite.

Old 09-05-2005, 09:24 PM   #7
(female)

amberw22 HB User

That's funny, I just started Alesse two weeks ago and I've had a significant appitite decrease too. I didn't associate it with the pill until I read your post. Usually after my period I have no appitite but that usually only lasts for a few days, not weeks. I haven't been picky though. I still go for the same stuff. This is an awesome side effect though. Now if it'll just get my libido back and keep my skin clear I'll be happy.

Closed Thread