It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2005, 08:24 AM   #1
(female)

red_nightmare HB User
Ortho Tricyclyn Lo - Leg Swelling

I was on yasmin in the past and had this side effect REALLY badly. So bad, that i was directed to go to the ER. I did so, and they didn't find anything wrong at all. They even did an ultra-sound of my arteries in my legs to make sure there was no clotting. Now i just started ortho tricyclyn lo, and i feel a slight swelling in my legs again. do you think this is just normal reaction to the pill, the hormone changes. if i keep taking them will it go away?

Old 08-23-2005, 08:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: Ortho Tricyclyn Lo - Leg Swelling

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_nightmare
I was on yasmin in the past and had this side effect REALLY badly. So bad, that i was directed to go to the ER. I did so, and they didn't find anything wrong at all. They even did an ultra-sound of my arteries in my legs to make sure there was no clotting. Now i just started ortho tricyclyn lo, and i feel a slight swelling in my legs again. do you think this is just normal reaction to the pill, the hormone changes. if i keep taking them will it go away?

The pill can cause water retention, which can cause some swelling. However, if you've had a problem that required emergency attention in the past with this side effect, you should consult your doctor on whether to continue.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2005, 09:02 AM   #3
(female)

red_nightmare HB User

i forgot to add that. i think it is just water retention because it goes away. there is no pain, and when i went to the ER in the past it was because i was smoking at the time and the dr thought definitely that it was a blood clot. i am no longer smoking at all.

Old 08-23-2005, 10:45 AM   #4
(female)

red_nightmare HB User

has anyone else had any experiences with this?

Old 08-23-2005, 12:09 PM   #5
(female)

RiotGirl00 HB User

I didn't really have swelling...I don't think.
But when I first started taking OrthoLo my legs had this weird sensation in them every once in a while (not often).
Like when I'd sit in one position for a long time and then get up, it felt like my leg muscles were really sore and it kinda hurt for a while.
I was hoping it wasn't a blood clot or anything, because I heard BCPs can cause that.
But after two weeks (or so) of taking the pills this started to go away, and I don't get it anymore.
I don't if this is the same thing you're experiencing, but if it is then you probably don't have to worry.

Old 08-23-2005, 12:22 PM   #6
(female)

red_nightmare HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotGirl00
I didn't really have swelling...I don't think.
But when I first started taking OrthoLo my legs had this weird sensation in them every once in a while (not often).
Like when I'd sit in one position for a long time and then get up, it felt like my leg muscles were really sore and it kinda hurt for a while.
I was hoping it wasn't a blood clot or anything, because I heard BCPs can cause that.
But after two weeks (or so) of taking the pills this started to go away, and I don't get it anymore.
I don't if this is the same thing you're experiencing, but if it is then you probably don't have to worry.
ahh! that sounds exactly like what is going on with me! that is such a major releif! the swelling is very slight, and when i get up and walk around it feels like it goes away. i'll wait a bit before i stop taking them. i've been really noticing it because i have been sitting here at a desk at work... it goes away when i go home and i am moving around more. thank you for replying! i would still appreciate anyone else's experience with this if any! thanks again..

Old 08-24-2005, 09:54 AM   #7
(female)

red_nightmare HB User

ok, i am going to stop taking these pills now. i am starting to feel sharp pains throughout my whole body. i am really really tired, and i was very sick to my stomach this morning. i am kinda nervous now.

Closed Thread