It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2005, 09:21 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Longview HB User
Starting to Freak...advice.

I just took my 3rd placebo pill tonight. I usually take my pills at 9pm..but today i had no choice but to take a placebo at 6..is that ok? and also..my period is not here yet. im freaking out a little now. my last period was July 23rd...so it should be here soon..and i always have a habit of checking how my cervix feels ..lately it will be hard and hours later by completly soft. . . when i have been waking up its very soft..and then tonite it was sort of hard and the hole felt very closed up..which scares me of pregnancy..because i usually know how my cervix feels before period..i have took all my pills correctly except a FEW times i have been about 15 mins late to take them but im just all around starting to get scared...this is my FIRST pack of pills..so ive heard it can make you skip a period but that is very unlikely..so whats up with this? also i take my temp when i wake up...usually before period its in the 97's ..i havent seen it in the 97s yet...its been like 98.2..around there..im so scared..what should i do?

Old 08-23-2005, 09:39 PM   #2
(female)

lostinreality HB User
Re: Starting to Freak...advice.

You can calm down. First of all the placebo pills is a fake pill it is only there so you remember to start your new pack when you finish taking all of the others. In fact some people do not even take them at all. If it is fake why would it matter what time you take it?

Second taking the pill 15 minutes later on one day compared to another is not going to cause it not to work. If they were that easily not effective people wouldn't use it for birth control.

Quit checking your temp or your cervix you are reinforcing anxiety producing behavoirs. Don't worry about being pregnant until a week or more of being late. I know I didn't start my cycle on the pill until Wed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2005, 06:39 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

sparkleflower HB User
Re: Starting to Freak...advice. (placebo pills)

I completely agree with the other poster. All this cervix checking and temp checking is only going to make you more anxious - and it's completely unnecessary. Seriously. And as for your placebo pills, they're placebos. No medication in them at all - they're just reminders so you stay in the habit of taking them every day. You don't even have to take them if you don't want to. And finally, as for taking your pills on time every day, yet again I agree with lostinreality. It's best to take them at the same time, but you have plenty of leeway. You don't have to take it exactly at 8:02 every morning, lol.

Old 08-24-2005, 01:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Longview HB User

Thanks for your responses.

I started my period today..

With being on BC ..how long can i expect my periods to be...
when i wasnt on BC they were usually 6 days..so im assuming they might be shorter?

Old 08-24-2005, 04:19 PM   #5
(female)

RiotGirl00 HB User

It depends.
Mine used to be about 5-6 days too... now they're like 4-5. It really depends on your body. They might stay the same.
And when you first start taking the pills your period may be off by a few days...or it may even be longer.
I know my first period after I started taking them was 10 days long. It was such a drag. But thankfully every period after that has been way shorter.
So don't worry.

Old 08-24-2005, 09:32 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Longview HB User

so far its starting out very light...hmm hopefully it kicks in soon so i can just get it done and over with.

Old 08-24-2005, 10:32 PM   #7
(female)

Rayvin400 HB User

Some birth control pills can cause your periods to be much lighter then they would be before. For example my periods lasted about 4 days, now im on mercette (sp?) and my period is about 1 1/2 days, and its very light.

Closed Thread