It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2005, 09:25 AM   #1
(female)

Magnolia29 HB User
question again....

hello everyone...
I am on ortho tri cyclen to start my periods back up again after not having them since christmast ( i lost a considerable amount of weight, putting me in the unhealthy range) My question is, my gyno said i would get my period in 22 days, but what if i get it sooner? Do i still continue to take the pills again? After I get my period this time, will I continue to start another round of pills? She also told me my periods would be regular if I maintain a healthy weight of 128-130 pounds ( I am 5ft5). Is this true? Do i have to weigh that amount to have regular periods?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2005, 10:42 AM   #2
(female)

cremebrulee HB User
Re: question again....

Continue to take the pills even if you bleed (you probably will not bleed until there is drop in hormone levels when you end the active pills and start the placebo pills. I was in the same situation as you when I was younger. I loss about 10-20 lbs and was about 100 lbs. I never had normal periods to begin with but the weight loss made the situation worse. My doctor put me on several courses of progestin and then I was on and off of birth control for a while. My doctor said that if I took birth control for a few cycles, my body would learn the rhythm and I would get normal periods. So it is really up to your doctor whether or not you need to take more than a month's supply of pills. If you do not wish to be on birth control, talk to your doctor about progestin pills. You take ten pills for ten days and a few days later, you bleed. You may want to consider maintaining a healthy weight and reducing the stress in your life because all these factors affect your cycle.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread