It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2005, 12:06 PM   #1
Inactive

LeeLee3 HB User
Question Lubes with Spermacide

I was just wondering how much more effective spermacide makes condoms? If the condom breaks, does it really create enough of a barrier against sperm to matter? The condoms covered in spermacide have caused me to have minor irritation, but maybe a spermacidal lube in another brand would be different? I just want to be safe rather than sorry. I go through pregnancy scares because I don't take the pill and my cycle can skip anyway. Any advice on how we can make condoms more effective?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2005, 04:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Re: Condoms with Spermacide

Both the U.S. FDA and the W.H.O. have stated that condoms with spermicide have proven to be no more effective in preventing pregnancy than those without spermicide. Basically, there's no added benefit. And considering how corrosive spermicide is, I would avoid it, especially since it sounds like it's already causing you problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread