It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2005, 12:50 PM   #1
(female)

Scared Sydney HB User
I'm so worried!!

I just got back on the pill (generic brand of ortho novum 777) on Sunday, August 14th. The day of my last period was Monday, August 8th, and I had unprotected sex (ejaculation inside...) on Saturday, August 20th. I am scared to death! Should I attempt to use my pills as emergency contraception? I also noticed a brown discharge yesterday and today. (I have been taking my pill regularly every day.) PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!
{removed} with what to do? I'm new to this and just want to make sure I hear from someone.)

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 08-24-2005 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Read posting rules. No off boarc contact.

Old 08-24-2005, 02:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

redsoxgirl2418 HB Userredsoxgirl2418 HB User
Re: I'm so worried!!

well, you're supposed to wait 7 days. You obviously waited 6.
I would say that, although you can't rule anything out, that you are probably pretty safe. I'm sure there's not an exact point where one minute you aren't protected, then boom, next minute you are. Given that you were only a few hours from waiting the full 7 days, I wouldn't really worry too much.

And anyway, aren't you supposed to use emergency contraception within 3 days? You're beyond that if you had sex on the 20th...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2005, 03:55 PM   #3
(female)

Scared Sydney HB User

Thanks for the response. Actually, for what it's worth, it wasn't exactly the 20th but the 21st early morning. . . . I'm still "doubling up" on a new pack of pills (took 4 from week 1 and in 12 hrs will take the next 4), just in case. I guess I will then resume the pack. ? And, yes, I did just miss the 72-hour marker. . . . You really think I'm ok? What's the discharge all about? (I did run extra and move yesterday.)

Old 08-24-2005, 05:21 PM   #4
(female)

Allison1125 HB User

are you doubling up or taking 4 a day? i dont know that you should be doing either of these. have you talked with your dr? why exactly are you taking so many?

the brown stuff is spotting...spotting & breakthrough bleeding are common in the 1st few months of starting birth control pills. god knows i've had my fair share. it just happens & theres really nothing you can do about it...just your body adjusting to the hormones.

doubling up can screw up your cycle. i tried it for 3 days when my breakthrough bleeding started 10 days ago (my dr said i could try it since i've had this problem for 7 months), and now that i've stopped doubling up, my bleeding is still here & its super heavy...way worse than normal. i dont think i would take any extra pills if i were you unless you were advised to do so by your dr.

Old 08-25-2005, 06:08 AM   #5
(female)

Scared Sydney HB User

Well, I called my gyno, and she said I could take 4 pills and then 4 more 12 hours later. Problem is, I'm not sure from what week--seems like she meant for me to keep going with the same pack, but I opened a new one. . . . I hate this! Someone just please tell me I ain't prego!!!

Closed Thread