It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2005, 09:07 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

BluEyez1031 HB User
question

This isn't an urgent question or anything, just something I've been wondering about lately......

My boyfriend and I plan on eventually getting married, but we never want to have children. Right now I'm on OrthoTricylen Lo, and I always take my pills at the exact same time. We don't use condoms. My question is, how long can I stay on birth control pills, in terms of long-term use?? Should I look into getting my tubes tied when I'm older? I do NOT want to get pregnant lol, ever. Just curious.

Old 11-07-2005, 12:10 PM   #2
(female)

manfy4 HB User
Wink Re: question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluEyez1031
This isn't an urgent question or anything, just something I've been wondering about lately......

My boyfriend and I plan on eventually getting married, but we never want to have children. Right now I'm on OrthoTricylen Lo, and I always take my pills at the exact same time. We don't use condoms. My question is, how long can I stay on birth control pills, in terms of long-term use?? Should I look into getting my tubes tied when I'm older? I do NOT want to get pregnant lol, ever. Just curious.
The pill can be used as a long term soloution providing that you get your blood pressure checked regulary to ensure everything is fine, but i dont think having your tubes tied now is the sloution because you may well change your mind, theres always other sloutions!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2005, 01:34 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User
Re: question

{removed} Anyways I wouldn't suggest using birth control as a long term solution. The risks escalate at 35. Maybe getting your tubes tied would be a good solution for you. As long as you know for sure you won't have any kids. My MIL got the procedure done after her fifth child and had no complaints.

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 11-07-2005 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Off Topic

Old 11-07-2005, 01:35 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User

Like the previous poster stated, you can use bcp for several years. I have read that it is actually better for your health to be on bcp (if you don't have any health problems and don't smoke). It actually decreases a lot of future health problems. I don't know about Ortho Lo, but I was on a low dose pill when I was breastfeeding. The nurse told me if Ididn't take the pill within 3 hours I could get pregnant on it. I don't know if it is the same for Ortho Lo. {removed}

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 11-07-2005 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Off Topic

Old 11-07-2005, 04:05 PM   #5
(female)

jenn1v HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluEyez1031

Yes, you can stay on the pill for a long time as long as there's no health problems. But, you might want to consider other choices if you and your boyfriend dont want children. He could have a vastomery(sorry, if it's misspelled) or you might want to consider a IUD.I'm not sure if you could get your tubes tied. I remember hearing something that doctors wont do it cause it's a much more harder opertaion to do. I think you should speak with your doctor about all your options. Good luck

Closed Thread