It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2005, 10:38 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

lharmon37 HB User
Thumbs up Ortho tricylen is the best for breakouts

For women that suffer from pimple breakouts Ortho Tri Cylen is the best it helps stop those breakouts. Ortho Tri Cylen LO is another story tried that and I had break through bleeding all the time and breakouts on the face.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2005, 12:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: Ortho tricylen is the best for breakouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharmon37
For women that suffer from pimple breakouts Ortho Tri Cylen is the best it helps stop those breakouts. Ortho Tri Cylen LO is another story tried that and I had break through bleeding all the time and breakouts on the face.

While Ortho Tri-Cyclen is the only birth control pill approved for the treatment of acne, many women actually find that their acne gets worse, instead of better with it. Most other birth control pills can be used for acne treatment, too.

It's best for each women to consult her physician in making the best decision for her.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2005, 03:19 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

lharmon37 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Ortho tricylen is the best for breakouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLSheridan
While Ortho Tri-Cyclen is the only birth control pill approved for the treatment of acne, many women actually find that their acne gets worse, instead of better with it. Most other birth control pills can be used for acne treatment, too.

It's best for each women to consult her physician in making the best decision for her.
Let me just say that I had acne all my teenage yrs and I am now 40 still breakout. But Ortho Tri Cyclen helped clear it up 98% the only time I went off was to have my child. I have been on several several birth control pills that have sent my acne into orbit. Except for ORTHO TRI CYCLEN, my niece
who is 21 is on it for acne and birth control.

Old 08-26-2005, 04:12 PM   #4
(female)

cremebrulee HB User

While it works to control acne for many women, it does not work for all women. i was on ortho tricyclen for several years and it never cleared up my face. i am now on yasmin and i love it.

Old 08-26-2005, 04:29 PM   #5
(female)

RiotGirl00 HB User

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo worked for me.
I didn't get on it for that reason...and I didn't really expect it to change my skin, but it has. No more blemishes before my periods start!
I also have no breakthrough bleeding at all.
I guess some people just need a stonger dose of hormones than others.

However, I have read a lot of posts on this board from people who have tried OTC and OTCLo and have had a lot of skin problems.
It's just different for everyone.

Old 08-26-2005, 04:42 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

lharmon37 HB User

Thats what I meant when I said I have been on several several birth control pills that have not helped my acne and break through bleeding. But this one out of ALL I have tried helped in many ways. But yes everyone is different in the hormone levels they require. And hormones are what causes most if not all acne, to much of one or the other.

Old 08-26-2005, 04:55 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

BostonGirl44 HB User

Orthotricyclen made my skin worse than it had ever been. I'm glad it works for a lot of women but it didn't do a thing for me.

Closed Thread