It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2005, 11:59 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

caliente HB User
Mirena/stopped periods

i have had Mirena for three months. i got it in early June. i had my period in early July. it was much lighter than normal, and i had no cramping. after my period was done, i spotted off and on for about three weeks. i've been fine since.

it is now the end of August (almost two months since my last period). i started to have all my normal PMS symptoms 2 weeks ago (bloating, breakouts, sore breasts, tiredness, etc) but have had no actual period. my PMS symptoms are now starting to subside, and my body feels like i have already had my period, but i never actually did.

i know that with Mirena, it is common for periods to stop altogether around 6 months to a year or so. but is it possible that mine has already stopped after just three months? if it has already stopped so early, would i still get PMS symptoms? i have not been sexually active since i have had Mirena, so i know i am not pregnant. i'm just very confused as to why i have not had my period in two months.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2005, 10:39 PM   #2
(female)

mickih HB User
Re: Mirena/stopped periods

I am in a similar situation and I am so glad that I read your post. I got my Mirena IUD at the end of May. I had it inserted during my period, and I had a normal period at the end of June. However, I did not have one in July nor have I had one yet this month, but I still get all the symptoms like you said. I think this is normal with the IUD. I called my doctor and she said not to worry. Some women stop having their periods right away. I spotted for a while after my period in June, but have not actually had a one since then.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2005, 12:04 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

caliente HB User
Re: Mirena/stopped periods

thanks now i'm not going to worry so much. i am due for a check-up next month, so i'll ask my doctor about it then. but for now i'll just assume this is normal and not stress over it.

Closed Thread