It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2005, 08:55 PM   #1

PrincessDawnie HB User
Question Ortho-Tri Cyclen Lo?

Okay, I have been on Ortho-Tri Cylen Lo for almost 2 months now. I know that the doctors tell you to wait 3 months for all the side effects and stuff to go away but I am having way to many side effects. I am suposed to go back to the clinic to get more but I am thinking about getting them to change my prescription. Here is a list of all the side effects I am having:

Breakouts (I have never had breakouts like this before starting this pill, I usually have really nice skin. I get a few pimples before my period but not like this.)
Nonstop PMS symptoms
Headaches
Fast heartrate
a feeling like someone is sitting on my chest
Depression
I can't catch my breath sometimes
After I take it at night I get really nausous (SP?)
Diarheia (SP?)
Really tired

I was on the reagular Ortho-Tri Cyclen but I gained alot of weight so then I got switched to Yasmin. I really liked the Yasmin but after I lost my insurance I couldn't afford it anymore. I recently went to the free clinic but the Yasmin cost too much and the clinic can't get it. I had a friend who told me about Ovcon, she said it is pretty much like Yasmin but cheaper, is that true? If not, is there a generic Yasmin that I could request? I have never had this much trouble on a birth control pill. I feel horrible all the time and I really don't want to try to wait out another month of feeling like this. My friend told me that I should definately go back to the doctor because of the racing heart and feeling like someone is sitting on my chest. I don't smoke or anything, in case anyone is wondering. I hope someone can give me a suggestion on birth control! Thanx!!

Dawn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2005, 04:54 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

bordrgrl HB User
Re: Ortho-Tri Cyclen Lo?

Yasmin doesn't have a generic and there is no pill that is even remotely similar. The progestin in Yasmin is derived from spironolactone... all other progestins are derived from something else.

Old 08-28-2005, 08:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDawnie
Okay, I have been on Ortho-Tri Cylen Lo for almost 2 months now. I know that the doctors tell you to wait 3 months for all the side effects and stuff to go away but I am having way to many side effects. I am suposed to go back to the clinic to get more but I am thinking about getting them to change my prescription. Here is a list of all the side effects I am having:

Breakouts (I have never had breakouts like this before starting this pill, I usually have really nice skin. I get a few pimples before my period but not like this.)
Nonstop PMS symptoms
Headaches
Fast heartrate
a feeling like someone is sitting on my chest
Depression
I can't catch my breath sometimes
After I take it at night I get really nausous (SP?)
Diarheia (SP?)
Really tired

I was on the reagular Ortho-Tri Cyclen but I gained alot of weight so then I got switched to Yasmin. I really liked the Yasmin but after I lost my insurance I couldn't afford it anymore. I recently went to the free clinic but the Yasmin cost too much and the clinic can't get it. I had a friend who told me about Ovcon, she said it is pretty much like Yasmin but cheaper, is that true? If not, is there a generic Yasmin that I could request? I have never had this much trouble on a birth control pill. I feel horrible all the time and I really don't want to try to wait out another month of feeling like this. My friend told me that I should definately go back to the doctor because of the racing heart and feeling like someone is sitting on my chest. I don't smoke or anything, in case anyone is wondering. I hope someone can give me a suggestion on birth control! Thanx!!

Dawn
I'd say try the Ovcon. I've been on Ovcon-35 for 8 mons. and it's been good for me with minimal side effects.

Old 09-02-2005, 11:59 PM   #4
(female)

P00hbear HB User

Just wanted to give you my vote of sympathy, I could only stay on Ortho-Lo for two weeks. I felt awful all of the time like you described, and the day I went off it I was back to my old self. My periods are very painful unfortunately, and my husband and I have to use other protection, but I was absoultely miserable on this pill and I did not have problems with other pills such as Desogen. I had to stop taking Desogen because of high blood pressure. Now I don't take anything but after that experience it is worth it to have the painful time of month!

Closed Thread