HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Birth Control (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/birth-control/)
-   -   anyone have the answer (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/birth-control/319546-anyone-have-answer.html)

Ccarrie76 08-28-2005 04:45 PM

anyone have the answer

:wave: I've been on the pill for 7 years and i'm going to be on vacation next week,
i was wondering if i could skip the suger pills and go straight into another pack and skip my period all together for the month....??? Think that would work..??

cartjen 08-28-2005 04:57 PM

Re: anyone have the answer

Yup. I did that last year when I went on vacation. My doctor said it was a-ok. Enjoy your vacation!

Ccarrie76 08-28-2005 05:05 PM

Just what i wanted to hear ...Thanks so much for the fast reply....

GLSheridan 08-28-2005 06:01 PM

[QUOTE=Ccarrie76]:wave: I've been on the pill for 7 years and i'm going to be on vacation next week,
i was wondering if i could skip the suger pills and go straight into another pack and skip my period all together for the month....??? Think that would work..??[/QUOTE]

In theory, it should work. However, whether or not it will work can depend greatly on what type of pill you're taking. If you're taking a triphasic or biphasic pill (varying levels of hormones) it's very difficult to skip a period. Monophasic pills work best for skipping periods.

Also, despite type of pill, many women are unable to skip a period completely and will spot or end up having a longer period. Just be aware of that.

Ccarrie76 08-28-2005 07:09 PM

not sure what type of pill it is but they are called ortho-tri just the regular ones, not low. i guess i will try it...just hope it works and dont mess everything up for next month :)

GLSheridan 08-28-2005 08:10 PM

[QUOTE=Ccarrie76]not sure what type of pill it is but they are called ortho-tri just the regular ones, not low. i guess i will try it...just hope it works and dont mess everything up for next month :)[/QUOTE]

That's triphasic, and it's likely that you'll be unable to skip your period. You'll probably spot or end up getting your period anyway.

kittywitty 08-28-2005 09:18 PM

Ortho-tri is triphasic, just to let you know. :)

kittywitty 08-28-2005 09:20 PM

Whoops, I didn't see the above post right away. Sorry. ;)

cartjen 08-29-2005 06:05 AM

ccarry - I am on ortho tri, I was on holidays for 6 weeks and my Dr. suggested just jumping into the next pack to skip the period.

It worked no problem.

I had no spotting the first time. But yes,I continued that through the six weeks, and the second time I tried to skip, I had a bit of spotting, but nothing worth worrying about.

Enjoy your vacation!

Ccarrie76 08-29-2005 04:34 PM

Ty for all the reply's. I'm going to try it...lol nothing to lose i guess... ;)

Fearless0911 08-30-2005 07:02 AM

[QUOTE=Ccarrie76]:wave: I've been on the pill for 7 years and i'm going to be on vacation next week,
i was wondering if i could skip the suger pills and go straight into another pack and skip my period all together for the month....??? Think that would work..??[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Magenta]I was told by my doctor that yes, you can skip the inactive (sugar) pills and start your next pack. This is something that you might want to just call and speak to your doctor about though. Just to make sure your health is in great condition before doing so.[/COLOR]