It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2005, 06:01 PM   #1
(female)

Confused5 HB User
Question NuvaRing

I just started the nuva ring and i don't know if i inserted it far enough in.. but it's not all that far up... how far up is it suppose to be? because i'm afraid when my b/f and i go to mess around he'll beable to feel it.

Old 08-28-2005, 06:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: NuvaRing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confused5
I just started the nuva ring and i don't know if i inserted it far enough in.. but it's not all that far up... how far up is it suppose to be? because i'm afraid when my b/f and i go to mess around he'll beable to feel it.

Well, the farthest up it can go is against the cervix. You need to push it in far enough that it won't fall out and isn't uncomfortable. The farther you push it up, the less likely you'll be able to feel it. Chances are if you can feel it, it isn't in quite far enough.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2005, 07:59 AM   #3
(female)

Kikki HB User

I agree - push it in as far as you can. Just tell your bf on the front end that it is in there and he may or may not feel it. He should be understanding about it. Mine says that sometimes he can feel it, sometimes he can't - but either way he doesn't mind it at all. I have found that rarely during sex it will work its way down, but I just shove it back in and life is good! I have also taken it out before sex, though this isn't recommended because you should only have it out 3 hours at the time and I tend to forget about it until the next morning.

Old 08-29-2005, 08:22 PM   #4
(female)

SweetHome HB User

When I insert a new ring it does not feel like it is that far in... however, I don't feel it. That is the whole point, it is in far enough as long as you don't feel it.

Also, when you and your bf have sex, he may feel it but he will also push it in further. You still shouldn't feel it though. Let me warn you though, certain times of the month you will feel the ring during sex. Don't know why, just is.

So, enjoy enjoy enjoy... I love the convenience of the ring and hope it works for you.

Closed Thread