It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2005, 10:03 PM   #1
(female)

amberw22 HB User
Alesse questions about side effects?

After battling acne for most of my life, It finally cleared up when my doc switched me to Loestrin (Microgestin) 1/20. The problem is that it killed my libido and my ability or orgasim. My doc just swiched me to Alesse b/c it has more male horomones but warned me that I will probably break out again. I've read a lot of people on this site say that they broke out on Alesse but I am wondering if anyone liked it (specifically in the skin and sex dept.). I don't know if it's even worth giving it a try. I just know that having no sex drive is putting a serious damper on being a newlywed. I know that every women reacts to BC differently, but I'm trying ot see if there is a trend here.

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 08-29-2005 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Please note edit to title,survey like title changed. Please read posting rules.

Old 08-28-2005, 10:54 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

emmegirl85 HB User
Re: Alesse questions about side effects?

I'm one of those that totally hated Alesse, got off of it after a week, ya I know that there's the whole idea of staying on it for a few months but it was taking over my life. I got back on Nuvaring this month and it was clearing up my skin in the last week I had it in, and then I'm on my off week now, and I'm broken out, buut I think the hormones will be more sustained in a few months, it totally cleared up my skin when I was on it before and no problem with sex drive. Good luck.

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 08-29-2005 at 04:13 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2005, 08:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl2005_21 HB User

Well my experience with Alesse was good and bad. I was on it for about 3 years and had totally flawless skin but I had no sex drive and I gained about 25 lbs. over that time (went from a size 6 to a size 12). It wasn't a sudden weight gain though like some women think that you take it for a week or two and suddenly you have gained 10 lbs. It is gradual. But I did work out and diet and nothing would move the weight it was like cement. Now I am on Yasmin and my skin is clear and no weight gain(back to my old size yay!) but no sex drive either.

Old 08-30-2005, 05:28 PM   #4
(female)

glowxbabyxglow HB User

i've been on alesse for almost 3 months now and i haven't really had any noticeable side effects at all. which i guess is good. i haven't broken out at all and i haven't gained any wait...my sex drive is apparently still raging haha so that's good...my breasts have gotten bigger though, but i'm not complaining. i have however noticed myself being hungrier a lot more...maybe it's just that my eating habits are changing a little, i don't really know. i also seem to be really moody about the little stuff lately...again i don't know if that's alesse or just the stress in my life right now. has anyone else had these side effects?

in any case, i guess it really just depends on the person and their own personal reaction to alesse. hope everything works out for you though.

Closed Thread