It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2005, 05:54 AM   #1
(female)

aussie22 HB User
Angry I missed 2 pills (not consecutively)

Hi everyone, I'm on Levlen ED and I'm so angry at myself, because I've been taking BC pills for about 2 years while being NOT sexually active, and the one weekend I go crazy and I have sex, happens to be the ONLY time I've EVER missed pills.

Most of the stuff I've read in these messageboards seems to suggest I should've taken the pill as soon as I rememberd, even when it was already time to take the next pill, but I read my leaflet and it said that if you forget a pill for more than 12 hours, just to not take it, and continue on.

Anyway, my active pills start on a Saturday and I think I missed the first Wednesday. Then I had 9 days of active pills that I took correctly before I had sex on the Friday and Saturday. Then afterwards, I forgot to take Tuesday night's pill.

I never took two pills in one day, so I now have 2 spare pills from the two I missed.

I'm very worried because it's now Tuesday night and I usually get my period Tuesday night/Wednesday morning of the inactive pills, and I usually start to feel sick... like bloating and stuff. However, I don't feel bloated and I don't have my period yet.

What do you think the chances are that I may become pregnant? From what I've read, I should be OK because pills missed afterwards don't matter, and since I had more than 7 days of uninterrupted active pills before the act, I should be ok as well...

But I'm worried that I may have possibly not missed the first Wednesday, but the second Wednesday, the one immediately before I had sex on Friday... does anyone know the chances either way?

I'll remember in future that I can take two pills at once. I just thought it was best to just take one and forget about the one I missed, but now I'm all worried about it

Please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2005, 09:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: I missed 2 pills (not consecutively)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie22
Hi everyone, I'm on Levlen ED and I'm so angry at myself, because I've been taking BC pills for about 2 years while being NOT sexually active, and the one weekend I go crazy and I have sex, happens to be the ONLY time I've EVER missed pills.

Most of the stuff I've read in these messageboards seems to suggest I should've taken the pill as soon as I rememberd, even when it was already time to take the next pill, but I read my leaflet and it said that if you forget a pill for more than 12 hours, just to not take it, and continue on.

Anyway, my active pills start on a Saturday and I think I missed the first Wednesday. Then I had 9 days of active pills that I took correctly before I had sex on the Friday and Saturday. Then afterwards, I forgot to take Tuesday night's pill.

I never took two pills in one day, so I now have 2 spare pills from the two I missed.

I'm very worried because it's now Tuesday night and I usually get my period Tuesday night/Wednesday morning of the inactive pills, and I usually start to feel sick... like bloating and stuff. However, I don't feel bloated and I don't have my period yet.

What do you think the chances are that I may become pregnant? From what I've read, I should be OK because pills missed afterwards don't matter, and since I had more than 7 days of uninterrupted active pills before the act, I should be ok as well...

But I'm worried that I may have possibly not missed the first Wednesday, but the second Wednesday, the one immediately before I had sex on Friday... does anyone know the chances either way?

I'll remember in future that I can take two pills at once. I just thought it was best to just take one and forget about the one I missed, but now I'm all worried about it

Please help!
Pregnancy is still unlikely, though not impossible. If you don't get your period by the time you're to start your next pack, then take a pregnancy test.

Old 08-31-2005, 10:00 AM   #3
(female)

Skylar333 HB User
Re: I missed 2 pills (not consecutively)

You probably just threw your cycle off with missing the pills. I wouldn't worry about it to much. Two different ob/gyn told me to just continue my pills as normal if I missed one and to not take 2 pills at once. They both said that taking 2 pills really will not make a difference and will only make me sick. Talk to your gynocologist about this though.

Closed Thread