It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2005, 07:13 AM   #1
(female)

Fearless0911 HB User
Question Ortho Tri-Cyclen lo

I am a Ortho (Lo) user. This pill is great! No real bad side effects, no mood changes, no loss of sex drive. I keep reading these posts and users keep saying they got pregnant on (Lo). I can guarantee that this pill was not taken at the correct time in those cases. Can anyone else stick up for their pill Ortho (Lo) this is a great pill! I even noticed breast enlargement. If anyone would like to drop me a line telling me there pill is just as good PLEASE do so.

Old 08-30-2005, 02:24 PM   #2
(female)

omalll HB User
Re: Ortho Tri-Cyclen lo

after 3 months on it, my physical libido went to zero (i got really painfully dry)
but other than that, i thought it was good. my skin didnt change, and i didnt gain weight or get excessively moody or anything like that.
i dont doubt the effectiveness of this pill either, when taken perfectly. there are chances of pregnancy with any pill though.

i have the feeling that this is the pill that most practitioners start women off with, since many many women are prescribed it as their first pill, from what ive read. it seems to be a big name company and probably gives out a lot of free samples to clinics. (I know they do at my campus's health center, because they only charge us 5 bucks a pack)

PS: oh yeah, i got switched to mircette (because of the loss of libido) and i really really like it! i feel more stable on it because its a monophasic... well, actually its biphasic, because there is a small amount of estrogen in the placebo pills that help with the pms stuff.

Last edited by omalll; 08-30-2005 at 02:27 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2005, 03:31 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Longview HB User

I am alkson Ortho Lo right now and im pretty much like it too. i havent had any bad side effects either and my breasts also seem to be bigger. it has even cleared up my acne some...repeat SOME. i wish all :-/ but anyways..its pretty much a good pill for me. my sex drive seem to be dropping a bit..but now its back up. so i dont know what was up with that. hopefully it says up :-)

Old 08-31-2005, 01:08 AM   #4
(female)

RiotGirl00 HB User

I agree. It's a good pill.
I didn't get any weird side-effects everyone else seems to be talking about.
My skin improved, even though it wasn't terrible in the first place. I never have any bleeding or irregular periods..no weight changes. And most importantly, no accidents.

Old 08-31-2005, 09:50 AM   #5
(female)

Skylar333 HB User

You can not guarantee that everyone did not take this pill at the right time. A lot of women do and they got pregnant, some kids are just resilent from the begining. I got pregnant on this pill. I took it everyday at the same time. Remember that NO pill is 100% effective. There is a 1% failure rate when taken on time, correctly everyday. There is a 3% failure rate that covers those who do not take it on time everyday or miss a pill. But I will agree with you that this is a good pill. Having a lower dosage in hormones helped me a lot since my previous bc pill made me severly depressed. As soon as my body adjusted to ortho lo I felt so much better mentally.

Old 08-31-2005, 10:18 AM   #6
(female)

RiotGirl00 HB User

That's true, there is a small percentage of women who do get pregnant on every pill for whatever reason...even if they take it correctly I guess.

A lot of people dislike this pill probably because not everyone's body is made for low hormone pills. I guess a lot of women need more... However, a few of us who are lucky enough to not need more hormone can definitely enjoy this pill and love it.
Haha, that sounded weird, but it's true.
I'm hoping this pill will work for me for a long time because I'd hate having to switch to something else and potentially deal with some weird side-effects.

Old 09-01-2005, 08:09 AM   #7
(female)

Fearless0911 HB User

Thanks Girls your awesome! Thanks for the quick responses!

Old 09-04-2005, 08:56 AM   #8
(female)

sassy_dee HB User

I appreciate posts from people who have had good experiences on Tricyclen Lo, because I just started it. Today I will be taking pill # 10.

{removed}
My doctor said to me, when she wrote out my first prescription for Tricyclen Lo, that I was to do the Day 1 Start, and that since the pill is basically hormone pills, to add them on top of my period, I might experience some moodiness (or whatever you want to call it).

Well, have I had a bad first week on Tricyclen Lo! Crying, anxiety, etc etc, ... it's been a BAD BAD week, I'd say a nervous breakdown for sure.

However, keep in mind that at the same time I started my period and started taking Tricyclen Lo, I was having big stress regarding my job, and was feeling some stress regarding my boyfriend (and a couple other smaller issues that were giving me stress/concern).

So, I talked with the pharmacist where I get my meds, explained to her all the stuff that's been going on in my life when I started Tricyclen Lo (and told her what my doctor said about the possibility of moodiness etc when I first start taking the pill for the very first time), and the pharmacist's opinion that it was not Tricyclen Lo that was making me feel so badly, but likely ALL the stressors in my life, and that it was normal to feel a little out of sorts when I first start taking the pill.

I'll likely be seeing my doctor this week just to get some reassurance from her that Tricyclen Lo can still be the right pill for me, and that I shouldn't make a hasty decision to stop it.

{removed}

I'm only, like mentioned, on Day 10 on Tricyclen Lo and I don't want to make a rash decision to quit them, when for all I know, once all the stressors in my life are taken care of/disappear, that I will feel just fine on Tricyclen Lo.

{removed}

A good day to all,

Sassy Dee
{removed} Off Topic

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 09-04-2005 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Please make a new thread for your questions so replies will be more clear for you.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:40 PM   #9
(female)

cala88 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless0911 View Post
I am a Ortho (Lo) user. This pill is great! No real bad side effects, no mood changes, no loss of sex drive. I keep reading these posts and users keep saying they got pregnant on (Lo). I can guarantee that this pill was not taken at the correct time in those cases. Can anyone else stick up for their pill Ortho (Lo) this is a great pill! I even noticed breast enlargement. If anyone would like to drop me a line telling me there pill is just as good PLEASE do so.
heyy i had a question. I just started taking ortho [ lo ] like 2 days ago, and i was wondering, when did you start seeing any kind of side effects? And also, when did you start noticing that your breasts were enlarging? Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Old 07-30-2008, 09:36 AM   #10
(female)

thistar HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longview View Post
I am alkson Ortho Lo right now and im pretty much like it too. i havent had any bad side effects either and my breasts also seem to be bigger. it has even cleared up my acne some...repeat SOME. i wish all :-/ but anyways..its pretty much a good pill for me. my sex drive seem to be dropping a bit..but now its back up. so i dont know what was up with that. hopefully it says up :-)

How long has it been..since you started?

Closed Thread