It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2005, 07:53 AM   #1
(female)

Alyna25 HB User
The Patch and side effects?

Can anyone tell me if they have any kind of secerets on keeping the patch stuck to you? I tried it one month and couldn't get it to stay on? they said swimming and bath's shouldn't effect it but I think that it did. It made wrinkles in the patch, I'm thinking of taking a shower, I know this is grose, but taking a shower and then waiting 48hrs before taking another shower, just to give the adhesive time to stick!

Also, I have huge anxiety problems, and I've read that after three months of using the same b/c that the side effects would go away and maybe b/c would help with anxiety. especially since my hormones are all messed up being postpartum. Has anyone with anxiety problems used the patch? What were your experiences with it?

I just had a baby three months ago and the only other kind of b/c I could tollerate before having her was the nuvaring but I quite using it when I found out I had endo and had to have surgery. Two other problems with the ring was if I left it in durring intercorse he couldn't get it in, and sometimes it did slip down to where I could feel it almost coming out, which doesn't surprise me considering I have that problem with tampons too. I have a "tilted" uterus so I don't think the "tunnel" is quite straight and having a C-section didn't correct it.

Closed Thread