It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2005, 09:51 AM   #1
(female)

js65 HB User
Group B strep and IUD

I have been fighting vaginal infection for 5 1/2 months now. First they said BV and yeast....treated with Flagyl and difluc. Then they said yeast but still some white cells...teated with Relgard and gynazole....then they said still yeast diflu. and clindes (sp?) a few weeks later, yeast again....Now group B strep and yeast.....now today I have suddenly began with a low grade fever and SEVERE abdominal pain......I have an IUD and know that infections can be dangerous. Any suggestions....is this pain from the strep....from the yeast....from the IUD? Should have it removed??? Why can't I get rid of these infections??? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Old 10-05-2005, 10:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User
Re: Group B strep and IUD

Wow, you should REALLY get that IUD checked out and make an appt. as soon as possible. I had Group B Strep when I was pregnant with my son. All i know is that its a bacteria of some sort found in the vaginas of perfectly healthy women. When I went into labor I know they had to flush me with 2 bags of penicilan because it could have been harmful for my son. Have you considered going to another gynocologist getting a 2nd opinion. I dunno why it tends to happen but once you switch Dr.'s it's like they find crap others were missing. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2005, 02:38 PM   #3
(female)

mickih HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by js65
I have been fighting vaginal infection for 5 1/2 months now. First they said BV and yeast....treated with Flagyl and difluc. Then they said yeast but still some white cells...teated with Relgard and gynazole....then they said still yeast diflu. and clindes (sp?) a few weeks later, yeast again....Now group B strep and yeast.....now today I have suddenly began with a low grade fever and SEVERE abdominal pain......I have an IUD and know that infections can be dangerous. Any suggestions....is this pain from the strep....from the yeast....from the IUD? Should have it removed??? Why can't I get rid of these infections??? PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Just out of curiosity, how long have you had your iud? which one do you have, the Mirena or the Paraguard?

Last edited by mickih; 10-05-2005 at 02:39 PM.

Old 10-05-2005, 05:53 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

young momma HB User

I was wondering how long you have had your iud too. I have had mine for 5 years now and still no problems! (knock on wood) I make sure my hubby has really cleaned himself before he touches me. Like fingernails and make sure that he has brushed his teeth.

It definately sounds like you need to see another doctor. You shouldn't feel any pain from the iud. Your pain has to be from the infection. Has it went away at all in the past 5 1/2 months? That sounds so scary. I would call around and see if there are any docs in your area that deal with iud's alot. Some docs don't know much about them. They are just starting to get popular again.

Check around and keep us updated!!

Closed Thread