It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2005, 11:47 AM   #1
(female)

massbaby HB User
Question sex without a condom

I have been having sex with my boyfriend for a few months now, and we have always used a condom. He was my first. I am on birth control, Necon, and have been for over 2 months now and use it religiously, and have never missed a day. A few days ago we had sex without a condom for the first time, and have done it without a condom a few times since then. On another discussion board they told me there was no chance I was pregant etc and there was no need for plan b or anything like that and i was fairly confident. Now, I am sure these symptoms are just stress, but I need some reassurance. Since then , I have had barely any appetite, have had cramps and gas, been really tired (but thats not abnormal for me) and have felt extremely nauseous, almost to the point of puking. I am in the middle of my pills so my period shouldnt be till about a week and a half from now, but as expected I am just stressed out about this and worried. Please help...I need an expert opinion.

Old 10-05-2005, 04:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: sex without a condom

Quote:
Originally Posted by massbaby
I have been having sex with my boyfriend for a few months now, and we have always used a condom. He was my first. I am on birth control, Necon, and have been for over 2 months now and use it religiously, and have never missed a day. A few days ago we had sex without a condom for the first time, and have done it without a condom a few times since then. On another discussion board they told me there was no chance I was pregant etc and there was no need for plan b or anything like that and i was fairly confident. Now, I am sure these symptoms are just stress, but I need some reassurance. Since then , I have had barely any appetite, have had cramps and gas, been really tired (but thats not abnormal for me) and have felt extremely nauseous, almost to the point of puking. I am in the middle of my pills so my period shouldnt be till about a week and a half from now, but as expected I am just stressed out about this and worried. Please help...I need an expert opinion.

It's very unlikely that you're pregnant if you take your pill perfectly. Also, those symptoms are psychosomatic, and not related to pregnancy. Even if you were to become pregnant, you wouldn't be pregnant yet, and you certainly wouldn't be feeling any side effects of pregnancy this soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2005, 05:28 PM   #3
(female)

Skylar333 HB User

I doubt you are pregnant. But remember there is still a chance of pregnancy no matter how perfectlly you take your pill. I took mine all the time, on time and am now 7 months pregnant. It does happen.

Old 10-07-2005, 07:03 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Daisies4monkeys HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylar333
I doubt you are pregnant. But remember there is still a chance of pregnancy no matter how perfectlly you take your pill. I took mine all the time, on time and am now 7 months pregnant. It does happen.
Yes, this is true, but the pill is still highly effective, and pregnancies on the pill are rare (when the pill has been taken perfectly). 1/1000 women is pretty rare.

To the OP, try not to worry -- stress can do all sorts of nasty things to the body, including making your period late. Try to relax, and remember, when taken perfectly, the pill is 99.9% effective. Therefore, odds are good that you have nothing to worry about.

Closed Thread