It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2006, 11:46 PM   #1
(female)

spankyx0711 HB User
How can I tell if I'm pregnant?

I've been on birth control for four months now. i spotted for most of the first month then after i started my second pack it immediately ended. I haven't spotted since. Could this be a sign of pregnancy?
Now, not entirely getting off the subject, I recently read that when you get your "period" on my birthcontrol, i don't quite remember if it pertains to others, it's not really a period. Its just a reaction your body undergoes when the hormones aren't flowing in. I was going to use my period as an indication of pregnancy yet after reading this I can't really do that. Now I'm all paranoid that I am pregnant and for who knows how long and what kind of damage am i doing with staying on the birth control. I guess I could just go out and buy a pregnancy test every month, but I was wanting to know is how can you tell if you're pregnant when you're on birthcontrol without taking a urine test? and just out of curiousity, are pregnancy symptoms different for women who are on birthcontrol as opposed to women who aren't?

Old 01-06-2006, 03:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: How can I tell if I'm pregnant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankyx0711
I've been on birth control for four months now. i spotted for most of the first month then after i started my second pack it immediately ended. I haven't spotted since. Could this be a sign of pregnancy?
Now, not entirely getting off the subject, I recently read that when you get your "period" on my birthcontrol, i don't quite remember if it pertains to others, it's not really a period. Its just a reaction your body undergoes when the hormones aren't flowing in. I was going to use my period as an indication of pregnancy yet after reading this I can't really do that. Now I'm all paranoid that I am pregnant and for who knows how long and what kind of damage am i doing with staying on the birth control. I guess I could just go out and buy a pregnancy test every month, but I was wanting to know is how can you tell if you're pregnant when you're on birthcontrol without taking a urine test? and just out of curiousity, are pregnancy symptoms different for women who are on birthcontrol as opposed to women who aren't?

You're not supposed to spot while on your pill. It's often a side effect when you first use the pill, but it usually goes away, just like it did in your case.

It's true that the "period" you get on the pill isn't the same as a period you'd get when not using the pill. However, it still can be an indication of pregnancy. Most women who become pregnant on the pill still miss their "period," even though it isn't a "real" period. Also, if you're using the pill perfectly, it's very, very unlikely that pregnancy would occur.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2006, 03:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

_mystictiger_ HB User
Re: How can I tell if I'm pregnant?

I agree with GL. However when I became pregnant on the pill (Yasmin) my period was 3 days later than normal and when it did arrive it was light and scanty and brown blood. I dont know if this is any help to you but I thought I would mention it.

I also had pregnancy symptoms. I dont know how I became pregnant on BCP because I never missed a pill so Im presuming I had break through ovulation or the dosage wasn't high enough for me.

Closed Thread