It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2006, 12:15 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Angela22F HB User
When to Start taking BCP after being off for awhile....

Hi, this may sound like a silly question but here goes anyway...

I ran out of BCP at the end of November and had my period the first week of Dec. My GP is over an hour away, so I was waiting for my OB/GYN appointment on Dec. 16 before I got a refill prescription. Problem is, after discussing other issues, he forgot to write the prescription, and I am just now getting it. I had another period around christmas, and am now confused as to when to start taking the pill again. I figure I'm due for my period in another week or so... should I wait to take it the last day of my period? or start taking it now? If I start taking it now, I'm afraid I'll mess my body up more than it already is lol.... Does anybody know when I should start taking it again?

Old 01-13-2006, 05:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: When to Start taking BCP after being off for awhile....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela22F
Hi, this may sound like a silly question but here goes anyway...

I ran out of BCP at the end of November and had my period the first week of Dec. My GP is over an hour away, so I was waiting for my OB/GYN appointment on Dec. 16 before I got a refill prescription. Problem is, after discussing other issues, he forgot to write the prescription, and I am just now getting it. I had another period around christmas, and am now confused as to when to start taking the pill again. I figure I'm due for my period in another week or so... should I wait to take it the last day of my period? or start taking it now? If I start taking it now, I'm afraid I'll mess my body up more than it already is lol.... Does anybody know when I should start taking it again?
While you can start the pill at anytime, it's best to start sometime during your period, when hormone levels are at the lowest. If you start the pll before your period, you're more likely to spot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread