It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2006, 10:47 AM   #1
(female)

jenn34601 HB User
Question Just started taking BC and Im a little nervous, please help.

I just started taking Alesse 28 5 days ago, to regulate my menstrual cycles and I was wondering if anybody could tell me any side effects they had with this pill. I am 28 and have never been on BC before. I keep reading different things about it. I know that everybody is different, but the more I know the more comfortable I will feel about taking it. I am nervous that I am going to become fat, bald, moody and full of acne... Right now I feel a lot hungrier than usual, and a little tired. Please help me.

Jenn

Old 01-26-2006, 11:55 AM   #2
(female)

Mar1 HB User
Re: Just started taking BC and Im a little nervous, please help.

You're right that everyone is different. I personally have no problems on Alesse. I was on Alesse for 4 years, then off for about 2 1/2, trying Depo and the Patch, and went back on Alesse about 6 months ago. I didn't gain any weight on it, no side effects nothing. It's the only pill that hasn't made me naseous, so I love it. Some people do have side effects though, so it's just a matter of seeing how it works for you. The side effects aren't permanent either so if you do have any, you can switch to another pill.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2006, 12:10 PM   #3
(female)

jenn34601 HB User

Thanks, I guess I just have to go with the flow and see what happens. I have another question, I am suppose to get my period during the green pills right? If my period ends on a monday for example do I not take the pill again until Sun? I am a little confused about that.
Jenn

Old 01-26-2006, 03:48 PM   #4
(female)

LegitimateQT HB User

I'm not sure if it varies for different pills, but it's by understanding that you start the active pills from your next pack as soon as you finish your sugar pills, regardless of whether or not your period has finished.

Old 01-27-2006, 03:44 AM   #5
(female)

BoardBabe HB User

I recently started myself and have gained a lot of weight, but what makes you think you can go bald? Is that a common side-effect to lose hair?

Old 01-27-2006, 05:48 AM   #6
(female)

jenn34601 HB User

I dont think you can go bald, lol...just that I read that a lot of women lose some hair. I called my doctor today because I am having shortness of breath and I do not know if it is due to the pill or a cold coming on, but it just started to happen 2 days ago, 4 days after I started the pill. She told me to stop taking it and if it goes away then we know its the pill. I dont think I like the idea of the pill. I was taking it to regulate my period, which I dont know if it has done since I did not get it yet, but I think I rather have a long period than to deal with all these side effects.

Old 01-27-2006, 05:56 AM   #7
(female)

BoardBabe HB User

Well I just posted another thread listing the long list of side-effects I've been experiencing with the pill. As far as shortness of breath, I also experience that on the pill, like I am gasping for air. I've been paniced thinking I could be that small percentage who will get a stroke or heart attack.

I keep bringing up the fact that the dose of the pill seems to not make sense, as far as the same amount of hormone given to a woman that weighs 200 pounds and one like me that is (or was until I started the pill) half that amount. I am experiencing every single side effect listed on the warning, and then some.

I stopped taking it a few days ago, so I can be back to myself again, especially the mood swings have been a nightmare, and tonight my period started very heavy just like it had last week when I didn't take it for a day. I think I'm scrweing up my body but I don't know what to do, my last resort is going to be to stop taking it period, even though I am thinking of taking one pill every other day so it's not such a strong dosage...but now the thought of losing hair will make me lose hair!!! ughhhh.....stupid pill, men don't have to go through this crap.

Old 01-27-2006, 06:09 AM   #8
(female)

jenn34601 HB User

Ya.. The reason I never took the pill before was because of all the side effects I heard about, plus I smoke but I was hating the idea of having my period for like 12 days, which was happening to me so I decided lets give it a try. Its only been a couple of days and since then I feel soooo hungry, like I said the shortness of breath, soooo tired and my face seems pale. I would not continue to take it if you are having shortness of breath or I would at least call my dr. and tell them about it, I hope this feeling goes away since I am not taking it today or any other day for that matter. I just dont think its for me, I am a worrier to begin with lol.. I also am 5'7 and 135lbs. which I like, I do not want to gain any weight. I wonder if there is any other way to regulate my period? And your right, men do not have nearly half the problems we do LOL...

Old 01-27-2006, 06:17 AM   #9
(female)

BoardBabe HB User

we're going through the exact same thing except you're ahead as far as if you stop you won't have gained all the weight that I now have. I'm telling you, i went from 92 pounds just a few months ago, and now i'm way overr 100 and i've never weighed more than 100. I eat eat eat until i literally run out of food at home! I'm like so this must be what it's like to "eat for two" when you get pregnant~

And you raised the tiredness thing...i used to get by with 7 hours as perfect amount of sleep, if no time then maybe 6, but now I'll sleep for 12 hours, miss work sometimes and STILL be SO TIRED like crazy, then I want to drink coffee to pick me up, but the pill makes my heart beat fast and I have trouble breathing, like I have to gasp and take deep breaths so I think the coffee will make it worse but I have to have a little cuz I swear I will fall asleep and on weekends I just sleep it through, only get up to eat lol this is CRAZY

Old 01-27-2006, 06:28 AM   #10
(female)

jenn34601 HB User

LOL.. you are like me... Maybe thats why I have the shortness of breath. I am a coffee drinker. I am actually home from work today because I feel really weird. It does feel like eating for two and I know, I have a little girl and when I was PG this is the way I ate. Im telling you girl, I dont think it is worth it in my opinion. I know smoking and drinking coffee is not good for you, but I think the pill is just as bad. THATS IT!! I have made up my mind, I am not going back lol.. I have a physical next week and I am going to tell my doctor about this and see if there is another way and I am not going to let them talk me into trying a different pill because I have read so many things about all of them. If the reason you are taking them is so you dont get PG I think if I were you I would stick to a condom (even though they suck) it is probally worth not feeling like this all month. And really if you are feeling shortness of breath, that is not cool. I think that could be dangerous, so please call your DR or something.

Old 01-27-2006, 03:14 PM   #11
(female)

BoardBabe HB User

another person just suggested taking Alessa, saying it is very mild and doesn't cause the saide effects, she said it made a 'world of a difference"....I've heard of yasmin, ortho triscycline and other stuff, all with the same ******** side effects, but I've never heard of this brand, maybe you too should ask your doctor about it....

I am not taking it only to not get pregnant, but to help with regulating my periods and improve my complexion which it has, but like i said i've stopped for the past few days (for the 3rd time!!!) cuz it is making me c-R-a-Z-y lol

Old 01-27-2006, 06:07 PM   #12
(female)

jenn34601 HB User

Alessa is the one I am on. I think they all have some kind of side effect. I did not take it today, the last one I took was yesterday at 1pm and to tell you the truth I am feeling better right now. I have not having as much of a hard time breathing and my "alien world" feeling has gone away. Maybe its just in my head, but I dont think so...

Old 01-27-2006, 06:23 PM   #13
(female)

BoardBabe HB User

well, i am preparing myself mentallly to take another pill. I stopped for the past few days and feel like my good old self again and not pigging out and getting mental, so I am saying "I can handle it, I can control myself and how I breath and feel"...it's evening and I am still psyching myself up to go ahead and take the pill...

Old 01-27-2006, 06:24 PM   #14
(female)

BoardBabe HB User

well, i am preparing myself mentallly to take another pill. I stopped for the past few days and feel like my good old self again and not pigging out and going mental, so I am saying "I can handle it, I can control myself and how I breath and feel"...

Old 01-27-2006, 06:30 PM   #15
(female)

BoardBabe HB User

well, i am preparing myself mentallly to take another pill. I stopped for the past few days and feel like my good old self again not pigging out and going mental, so I am saying "I can handle it, I can control myself and how I breath and feel and eat"...

Closed Thread