It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2006, 11:39 PM   #1
(female)

Frenchipino85 HB User
Unhappy Repeatedly being minutes late

Hi i just had a quick question. I've been on Desogen for almost 2 years and there have been some months where I missed my pill by a matter of minutes or at the latest an 1 hour or 2 but only once in a while. This month I was about 15-45 minutes late taking my pill for the last week. I am now on my sugar pills and am to start my period tomorrow. I had sex 2 days ago and I'm just curious, should I be worried?! I've never missed a pill more than 2 hours ever and I'm just being paranoid about having taken them a little late for the last 5-6 days, should I still be starting my period this week?

Old 02-21-2006, 12:59 AM   #2
(female)

ZenpunK HB User
Re: Repeatedly being minutes late

i was on BC for 4 years and i never took it exactly the same time every night. i would be off by a few hours usually. I continued having sex and i've never gotten pregnant. You shouldn't have anything to worry about, but you should still take it at the same time every day anyway.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2006, 06:24 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Daisies4monkeys HB User

Within a two hour window is fine. No need to worry.

Old 02-22-2006, 01:17 PM   #4
(female)

Mallory213 HB User

Most Birth Controls say that if you take a pill up to 3 hours late you'll be fine. After three hours you should take it the next day with that day's pill. If you miss 2 or more days you should stop taking it and start using another method of BC because you are now not protected by the pill.

Old 02-22-2006, 01:59 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Daisies4monkeys HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallory213
Most Birth Controls say that if you take a pill up to 3 hours late you'll be fine. After three hours you should take it the next day with that day's pill. If you miss 2 or more days you should stop taking it and start using another method of BC because you are now not protected by the pill.
This is NOT correct. Most birth control pamphlets say that a pill is not considered "missed" until it is twelve hours late. Usually one missed pill is not cause for concern, although it differs by pill, so it's always a good idea to read the instructions pamphlet that comes with your pill.

With one missed pill, the user takes one as soon as she remembers, and the next at her regular time. This may mean taking two pills at once. The rest of the pack is taken as normal. For many pills, no back-up (condoms) is required

If TWO pills are missed in a row, the user takes two as soon as she realizes, and two the next day at her normal pill-taking time. Back-up such as condoms should be used until the user has taken seven hormone-containing pills correctly in a row (on time, no interfering substances, no throwing up right after taking them, no severe diarrhea).

If THREE pills are missed in a row, the user takes one pill as soon as she remembers, and then continues with one pill a day until Sunday, at which point she throws out the rest of her pills and starts a new pack. Back-up such as condoms should be used until the user has taken seven hormone-containing pills correctly in a row (on time, no interfering substances, no throwing up right after taking them, no severe diarrhea).

ALWAYS read the pamplet that comes with your pills. If you for some reason haven't got any, do an internet search for your pill. You should be able to find a pamphlet for it online fairly easily, and can then familiarize yourself with the directions for your particular pill.

Last edited by Daisies4monkeys; 02-22-2006 at 02:01 PM.

Old 02-22-2006, 03:11 PM   #6
(female)

Mallory213 HB User

Sorry that I mis-informed you! I was just going by my last two BC pills. I apologize for any false info! Sorry guys!

Closed Thread