It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2006, 12:40 AM   #1
(female)

myztic HB User
while on the pill how would you know if your pregnant?

I've always wondered if your on birth control how would you ever know? Doctors ALWAYS say for the first three months of pregnancy its not good to take medication so my question is, in the first month of pregnancy how would you know? Because wouldn't people associate their pains or nausea with the flu? like me, i got my period on the 14th of feb, Finished on the 18th(saturday) with light spotting. Did the deed(have done so 3 times in last week and a half) and on Saturday night and by Sunday morning I had the worst stomach cramps ever (felt like period cramps) and have had on/off constipation ever since, So i took medication and i go to the bathroom (i suppose no more constipation) but my cramps are still there... thinking its gas. The doctor told me its the stomach flu. For last 2 days have had dizzyness and sleep more, much more tired (but that could be related to the stomach bug)... Nausea too (but thats probably from the pill) Doubt I'm pregnant but just say I was... i'm taking all this medication(doctor said not an antibiotic) for stomach flu, wouldn't that harm a possible child? so how would you know? and if you are pregnant can the pill harm the child? whats the earliest way of finding out?
Thanks so much for your time...

O just btw, I'm on Mirelle (15 mg)... for the last 2 months. Was previously on Diane35 for three months but stopped because of weight gain (6 pounds)..

Last edited by myztic; 02-27-2006 at 01:33 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2006, 10:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Daisies4monkeys HB User
Re: while on the pill how would you know if your pregnant?

On the pill a missed period and/or positive pregnancy test would indicate pregnancy. The pill will not cause false positives on a pregnancy test, since the test looks for HcG which is not something found in the pill.

Also, even IF you concieved last Saturday or Sunday, you would not be having symptoms yet like you describe.

You could test now, but it would nto be effective. Wait until your next expected period. If you miss it, test. If not, then you can be pretty certain you are not pregnant.

Old 02-27-2006, 03:58 PM   #3
(female)

snafu HB User

I don't think you have anything to worry about. Think about how many women who do not find out immediately when they are pregnant, they drink take medications, etc.

You should be fine though.

Old 02-28-2006, 10:15 AM   #4
(female)

myztic HB User

yah don't think I am either(especially cuz im on the pill) but im not really asking about for right now, I gave my current situation as an example. What about in the future when I or anyone else is off the pill(or on it..)? and we mistake symptoms for flu or other things and we take medication in the first month before we find out, would that harm the future child in anyway.

Closed Thread