It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2006, 12:37 PM   #1
(female)

Schecky HB User
Question Levlite vs Alesse vs Loestrin

Hi girls! I will be switching to either Levlite, Alesse or Loestrin next week.
Before I talk to my doctor I would like to hear everyones experiences with them.

1. Most importantly, did you gain weight? if so, how much?
2. Did you notice any change in your sex drive?
3. Did it improve, worsen acne?
4. Does it help with bloating/cramps?

Thanks so much! I always appreciate everyones responses to my millions of questions! :]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2006, 03:40 PM   #2
(female)

sweetie23 HB User
Re: Levlite vs Alesse vs Loestrin

I've been on Alesse for about a year and I really like it. I did gain a little weight (5-7 lbs) and my boobs did get bigger, but I'm away at college so the junky school food I've been eating probably doesnt help . It didnt change my sex drive at all, and it did help my complexion, but it didnt totally clear everything up. I never had really bad periods before I went on the pill but it did make them a lot lighter and it helped reduce the minor cramps that I did get. I do feel a little bloated before my periods but nothing too major.

I really like Alesse, I switched to it from the shot and it made a huge difference. Hope this helps!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2006, 07:54 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Celestial_Kel HB User

I used to take Loestrin Fe and I didn't have any problems at all! No weight gain, no loss of sex drive, etc. My doctor put me on Mircette a few years ago because it controls my cramps and bleeding better ( I have endometriosis), but I would defenitely recommend Loestrin to anyone.

Old 03-28-2006, 03:18 PM   #4
(female)

ANYMLKRAKR HB User

I have been on Loestrin FE for about 7 years. I haven't gained any weight. My sex drive has been pretty consistantly high. As for acne, didn't seem to help at all.

Old 03-28-2006, 03:50 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

girlygirl11 HB User

I was on alesse for a few months (first time on BC). I found that it didn't make me gain weight, but it didn't really do anythign for acne either. The reason I stopped using it was because I would basically have extended periods, meaning my periods would start 5 days early and last a day or two longer than usual (ie/ a 10 day period), and it was pretty heavy. Now I'm on Diane 35, which I hope to get off of after my prescription runs out (because of the health concerns), at which point I guess I'll keep looking (perhaps Marvelon?)

Old 03-28-2006, 05:41 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecky
Hi girls! I will be switching to either Levlite, Alesse or Loestrin next week.
Before I talk to my doctor I would like to hear everyones experiences with them.

1. Most importantly, did you gain weight? if so, how much?
2. Did you notice any change in your sex drive?
3. Did it improve, worsen acne?
4. Does it help with bloating/cramps?

Thanks so much! I always appreciate everyones responses to my millions of questions! :]

I've not been on any of these pills. I'm also not familiar with Levlite. However, I know that Alesse and Loestrin are high-androgen pills, which would be good for sex drive, but bad for acne. You might try something lower in androgens like Ovcon-35, Brevicon, or Modicon. Androgens are male hormones. Any pill can make you gain or even lose weight. Everybody is different and, unfortunately, it's trial and error. As for the bloating and cramps, I know I'm less crampy on the pill than not. I take Brevicon. Hope I helped, good luck.

Closed Thread