It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2006, 04:16 AM   #1
(female)

shlindz HB User
Question how does missed pill affect cycle?

Hey ladies,
Here's a quick question. Does anyone know how much missing pills canaffect you? I mean, what does a missed or late pill do during different areas of your cycle? If you skip a pill, do you ovulate right away or does your cycle not get affected? Are you just not covered for that day or does it affect your entire cycle? These sound like stupid questions, but I can't find info anywhere. I just want to know specifically how covered I am. If anyone has any info I'd love to hear it. Chow for now,
Shlindz

Old 03-27-2006, 01:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: how does missed pill affect cycle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlindz
Hey ladies,
Here's a quick question. Does anyone know how much missing pills canaffect you? I mean, what does a missed or late pill do during different areas of your cycle? If you skip a pill, do you ovulate right away or does your cycle not get affected? Are you just not covered for that day or does it affect your entire cycle? These sound like stupid questions, but I can't find info anywhere. I just want to know specifically how covered I am. If anyone has any info I'd love to hear it. Chow for now,
Shlindz

Most studies on birth control show that missing just 1 pill will not stimulation ovulation, however, many women claim that they have become pregnant by missing only 1 pill, so ovulation is possible (but not very likely).

Some women find that they will spot, bleed, or have cramping if they miss a pill. They're bodies are sensitive enough to the hormones that a small decrease in the hormone levels is enough to cause these problems. Other women find that missing a pill here or there does not affect their cycles at all.

As far as how protected you are, it depends on the pill you're taking, and what pill you missed. Many brands of pills have specific rules pertaining to certain weeks of pills, however most state that you're still pretty safe from pregnancy if only 1 pill is missed. If you read the package insert that came with your pills, you'll find the rules specific to your pill.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2006, 04:11 AM   #3
(female)

shlindz HB User
Re: how does missed pill affect cycle?

Thanks,
I checked the leaflet and it only says what to do if you miss a pill. I know that if you miss a pill just take it when you remember or the 2 the next day. I'm more interested how the pills affect your body. There are alot of precautions out there, but I want to know what the specifics are. I can't seem to find a single website that discusses what bc specifically does for your body or cycle daily or weekly. I am taking Ortho-Tricyclen Lo. But any info on any brand of bc will do. Thanks again,
Shlindz

Closed Thread