It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2006, 03:10 PM   #1
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2
amanda22 HB User
Question first period on ortho tri-cyclen

when should i be expecting my first period after starting ortho tri-cyclen? my last months period started march 16 and i started the pill on march 26. i'm on the 28 day cycle & i still have 4 reminder pills left to take but i still have not gotten my period. is there any way to tell when i should be due for my period?

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 04-18-2006, 03:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Suburban P
Posts: 1,894
GLSheridan HB User
Re: first period on ortho tri-cyclen

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda22
when should i be expecting my first period after starting ortho tri-cyclen? my last months period started march 16 and i started the pill on march 26. i'm on the 28 day cycle & i still have 4 reminder pills left to take but i still have not gotten my period. is there any way to tell when i should be due for my period?

Ideally, you will start your period sometime during the placebo or inactive pill week. Most women do not get their periods until 2-5 days into this week, but you may get your period at any time. Also, it's not uncommon to skip a period the first month, so don't be alarmed.

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 04-18-2006, 06:27 PM   #3
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 37
Trinitytype2 HB User
Re: first period on ortho tri-cyclen

My period was March 27th and I started the pill - Aleese Apr. 2nd. My active pills are until Saturday. Does that also mean that any time during the non active pills that I will get my period.... or skipping is a possiblity as well?

I'm hoping that my pms symptoms & first 24 hours will be an improved difference as the reason I'm on the pill is because I cannot function during the first 36 hours of my period and the pms is also annoying.

When on the pill do you still get the pms symptoms??? I hope not!
Trinity_eh!

 
Old 04-19-2006, 02:04 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Suburban P
Posts: 1,894
GLSheridan HB User
Re: first period on ortho tri-cyclen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinitytype2
My period was March 27th and I started the pill - Aleese Apr. 2nd. My active pills are until Saturday. Does that also mean that any time during the non active pills that I will get my period.... or skipping is a possiblity as well?

I'm hoping that my pms symptoms & first 24 hours will be an improved difference as the reason I'm on the pill is because I cannot function during the first 36 hours of my period and the pms is also annoying.

When on the pill do you still get the pms symptoms??? I hope not!
Trinity_eh!

Yes, you should ideally get your period sometime during the inactive tablets, but it's not uncommon to skip a period when first starting the pill. Also, it can take several cycles for PMS symptoms to alleviate, and they usually don't go away completely.

 
Old 04-19-2006, 05:38 PM   #5
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 37
Trinitytype2 HB User
Re: first period on ortho tri-cyclen

Well my boobs are getting tender which is tolerable. It's the brain drain, and gut wrenching cramps that I hope improve. Does the overall cycle occur in a shorter amount of time i.e. instead of bleeding for 7-8 days, will it be only for a few days. I hope i hope!!!
Well I do hope by the 3rd cycle, I'll be a happy camper!!!
Trinity_eh

 
Old 04-20-2006, 07:28 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Suburban P
Posts: 1,894
GLSheridan HB User
Re: first period on ortho tri-cyclen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinitytype2
Well my boobs are getting tender which is tolerable. It's the brain drain, and gut wrenching cramps that I hope improve. Does the overall cycle occur in a shorter amount of time i.e. instead of bleeding for 7-8 days, will it be only for a few days. I hope i hope!!!
Well I do hope by the 3rd cycle, I'll be a happy camper!!!
Trinity_eh

When I was in high school and college, my period would last at least 7 days. It wasn't usual to last 10 days. Once I started the pill, my periods were only 4-5 days long, which was a big improvement for me. My cramps were also a lot lighter, and the actual flow was really light, too.

 
Old 04-21-2006, 08:21 PM   #7
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 37
Trinitytype2 HB User
Re: first period on ortho tri-cyclen

Well I hope the pill works well for me. I may have wasted almost 30 years in suffering! Sigh!
Thanks,
Trinity_eh

So first poster, how is it going?

 
Old 04-30-2006, 07:09 PM   #8
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 37
Trinitytype2 HB User
Re: first period on ortho tri-cyclen

Well I did get my period the second day of sugar pill. Thankfully I did not have the debilitating cramping and it was not as severe, so fingers still crossed that it'll be this way. I still had the head - acheyness, and tender boobs, but much more tolerable.

Trinity_eh

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
The three month period (desogen/cyclin) Daisy159 Birth Control 11 11-30-2010 09:41 PM
Ortho Tri-Cyclin and depression Kourtney Birth Control 39 05-05-2008 01:36 PM
I've been told you can sort of control your period with birth control... lovinthev8 Birth Control 11 06-27-2007 04:44 AM
No real period for 7 months?!! PLEASE HELP! Gavroche2004 Women's Health 1 10-17-2006 02:12 PM
Period/symptom Question regarding BC pills NeoApsara Birth Control 2 02-12-2006 05:20 PM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:06 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!