It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2006, 10:05 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASDGRMama HB User
Ovulating on the patch? Bleeding time on patch...

I'm on the patch because my OB feels I have low estrogen/progesterone levels (they've never been tested because I miscarried only a month before I went on BC...the BC was to stop the chronic bleeding).

Anyway, if my levels ARE low is it possible that I could ovulate. The reason I ask is because the day after I put my patch on I get egg-white mucus and ovary pain. Basically it's exactly how things are when I ovulate.

Does it seem likely that this is ovulation? Does anyone else get this type of mucus with the patch (it's usually yellowish because I'm still bleeding a little from my period).

My second question is how many days do those on the patch usually bleed? How many days after taking it off do you usually start your period. After putting a new one on how long does it take for the bleeding to stop (if it hasn't already)?

Thanks for any opinions or experience you can share!!
Kelly

Old 04-27-2006, 11:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User
Re: Ovulating on the patch? Bleeding time on patch...

hey.. can't answer about the low estrogen and ovulating, maybe it's possible over the first month until your body is regulated. I do know that on some pills I have had symtpoms of ovulating, so I think that's actually common.

As for the patch.. when I was on it I believe I started on day 3, early day 4 with my period after taking the patch off. The bleeding will last depending on the person, My normal cycle can range from 5-7 days. Putting the patch back on will not stop the bleeding, but over a few months it will help regulate it and you will figure out what your norm is.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread