It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2006, 05:31 PM   #1
(female)

Trinitytype2 HB User
Aleese, bleeding during active pills

This is my second month on the pill. I thought I started spotting on Wednesday, but it is a full blown period bleeding. I've read on here that spotting is common, but define spotting. I'm using full pads. I know, you'll all tell me that my body may need 4-6 months to regulate itself. But if I'm bleeding now, does that mean I'll bleed again during the non-active pills, if this bleeding stops by then???

FYI, I'm taking the pill to try and decrease my PMS symptoms & heavy flow. I have not missed any pills and have taken them at the same time everyday.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Trinity_eh

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2006, 05:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

girlygirl11 HB User
Re: Aleese, bleeding during active pills

I had the same problem with Alesse. Approx a week-1.5 wks before I had reached the sugar pills my period started...or what is more commonly "spotting"...but I had the same problem with the heaviness- I would soak through pads within a few hours.

After 2 mos of that craziness I switched over to Diane 35 and found it to be much better (as in, no spotting or bleeding before I finished my active pills). It seems as though a lot of people had that problem with Alesse, because it has such a low hormone level (therefore not having many side effects). I would talk to your doctor about switching pills to one that's a little stronger (unless you want to wait to see if, after 3 mos of being on it, the bleeding subsides- I didn't wait and just swtiched after 2).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2006, 06:06 PM   #3
(female)

Trinitytype2 HB User

Well, I do see my dr. again on June 7th, so I'll discuss it with her then. she gave me a 3 month supply and I started the pill on April 2nd. So we'll see. Stay tuned!
Cheers,
Trinity_eh

Old 05-18-2006, 12:06 PM   #4
(female)

Trinitytype2 HB User

So I've bled for a week (regular period amounts) and a day on the active pills and my sugar pill starts this Sunday. So does that mean I'll bleed again next week? Good thing I'm taking iron pills too!

Will this work itself out by next cycle? Hope so, cuz bleeding more than less................

Trinity_eh

Old 05-18-2006, 12:35 PM   #5
(female)

lala8u HB User

Same thing is happening to me..i am on first pack of Ortho Tri cyclen Lo and i start bleeding during my 17th day on dark blue active pill and have been bleeding ever since...i am now on the green pills..i start the active ones on suday so i hope it will make it stop..its now 10 days of bleeding..it realy sucks

Old 05-19-2006, 12:20 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User

that happened to me on my first month of Alesse.. for me I started in the 3rd week of active pills and went through to when I normally have my period (so I bled for almost 2 weeks). I am now on month 3 and it hasn't happened again, although last month my period only lasted for 24 hours so we will see how this month goes. With ANY pill your body needs several months to adjust, so don't give up on it based on the first few months. If you are in month 4 or 5 and it is still doing it, you may need to switch pills.

Old 05-23-2006, 05:37 PM   #7
(female)

Trinitytype2 HB User

well, I'm bleeding.....again. BUT at least the gut wrenching cramps have not popped up ....yet (fingers crossed). I'm on the 2nd day of sugar pill & it started this morning.

I suppose bleeding all the time is also a way to not be in the mood for sex. eh?
Trinity_eh

Closed Thread