It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2006, 06:25 AM   #16
(female)

DKScully HB UserDKScully HB User
Re: Loestrin 24 Fe--Lots of questions!

I was on Yasmin, which I believe has basically the same make-up as Yaz. Yasmin made me anxious, depressed, no sex drive, etc. I haven't had these side effects on Loestrin, so there's a chance that it could be a big improvement for you, mekoolkat!

Old 11-29-2006, 06:42 AM   #17
Inactive
(female)

Legend74 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKScully
My one concern, however, is the fact that I haven't had my period in approximately 70 days. Never thought I'd complain about that, but it does make me a bit nervous, since that hasn't happened to me on any other pills!
Hi, not sure if you got an answer from your doc yet, but I wanted to let you know that majority of the women who take Loestrin24fe have reported not getting a period at all. I've read this on other women's health boards all over the internet that they are concerned about not having a period while on this pill. However, they all seem to be having this same "problem" (I don't really consider it a problem because I'd be happy to not have a period), so the general consensus is that it's normal to not get a period while on this pill.

I just wanted to let you know in case you were still worried.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2006, 06:48 AM   #18
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend74
Hi, not sure if you got an answer from your doc yet, but I wanted to let you know that majority of the women who take Loestrin24fe have reported not getting a period at all. I've read this on other women's health boards all over the internet that they are concerned about not having a period while on this pill. However, they all seem to be having this same "problem" (I don't really consider it a problem because I'd be happy to not have a period), so the general consensus is that it's normal to not get a period while on this pill.

I just wanted to let you know in case you were still worried.
Thanks, Legend. Yes, after 86 days, my period finally came (in the middle of the month... not when I was on the placebo pills). We'll see when I get it again! I know a lot of women seem to be having this problem, but I feel kind of uncomfortable about it... I didn't want to go on Seasonale because I felt it was unnatural to not have a period for months on end, and now it's happening to me on Loestrin! It's hard to complain about, because my periods were always awful, but it just makes me nervous!

Old 12-30-2006, 01:21 PM   #19
(female)

mollie05 HB User

I went to my gyno about 2 months ago because I had very irregular periods and was hoping that by taking the pill, it would make my periods more regular. She prescribed the Loestrin 24 Fe and I began taking it immediately. Within 3 days, I was experiencing the worst breast tenderness I had ever felt before. I hoped that after a while it would go away, but by the end of my first pack, I could barely take a shower because the water was so painful on my breasts. After that first pack, I had to quit taking it. Now I don't know if I would react the same way to other brands of BC since the Loestrin 24 was the first BC pill I had ever taken, but all I know is that there is no way in hell I would ever take that pill again after experiencing that amount of pain.

Old 01-01-2007, 10:19 PM   #20
(female)

belfiore83 HB User

Hello everyone-
I started loestrin 24 a little over two wks ago, started sunday after my period, and ive had breakthrough bleeding/spotting for abour 6 days now (which began about a week/a week and a half in). Has anyone else experienced spotting while taking this pill, especially initially? I am not too concerned bc Ive read that this can happen during the first few cycles, but I am curious to hear from any of you about your experiences. I mean its kind of a pain to have to be prepared to be bleeding all the time.... once a month is annoying as it is!! haha. Please respond if youve had a similar experience. Is this pretty typical/when should I be concerned and contact my doctor? Thanks (and happy new year).

Old 01-02-2007, 11:42 AM   #21
(female)

belfiore83 HB User

I just spoke with a woman at my ob gyn office and she said that break through bleeding is not abnormal during the first three cycles. I asked, even if it is continuous throughout the whole three mths (bc im getting it everyday)? and she said yes, which sounds crazy to me but oh well. she said after the first three cycles, if the spotting continues, I may have to switch to a higher dose pill. (She also suggested using a back up form of BC for two mths being that this is my first time takiing the pill.) Is this the same type of info that any of you have received?

Old 01-03-2007, 11:23 AM   #22
(female)

pants2008 HB User

hi there, i'm about 2 weeks into taking Loestrin and i've definitely noticed that my breasts have gotten rather plump... which isn't a problem for me (being a size A) anyway, unfortunately, i've noticed frequent dark purple patches on my cheeks and acne popping up on my face... is this happening with anyone? and does anyone know if Loestrin also controls breakouts?

Old 01-05-2007, 09:14 AM   #23
(female)

pebbles523 HB User

I have been off the pill for a year now, and but I was on Yasmin, aka, the worst pill ever! I had violent mood swings, and did not feel like myself. I do admit there was no weight gain though, maybe the only plus...but a week ago I started on Loestrin 24 to help reduce cramping, and I have been spotting since day 2 of the pill. I have no cramping, and I know you can spot for up to 3 cycles, but I am just concerned about weight gain, I know that's extremly vain and selfish, but I was wondering if anyone has experienced any gain. Other than that, I do feel my moods have stabilzed and have become less tempermental, thank goodness, and I'm sure my boyfriend is thrilled I'm so glad I found this site, I was so nervous to take it, keep me posted yall, as I will do the same. Take care

Old 01-06-2007, 06:57 AM   #24
(female)

militarywife HB User

I am new and have researched a lot of info pertaining to Loestrin 24 and can't find someone else with my problem. I am in the 3rd month of Loestrin 24 and my issue is that I have breakthrough bleeding. I am a regular excerciser and I take my pill the exact time every single day! I can't figure out why I have the bleeding. Otherwise, I have had no problems w/ this pill. It hasn't given me any trouble and has made my periods shorter when I am taking brown pills. Any others with this problem and do you know the answer?

Old 01-08-2007, 10:36 AM   #25
(female)

belfiore83 HB User
Angry Re: Loestrin 24 Fe--Lots of questions!

militarywife- I had actually just posted about spotting. I spotted from the second week through the rest of the month. Finally have a break now, though Im about to start my period. yay. (sarcasm). I was told its not abnormal thruout the first three cycles. After that, talk to you doctor, bc it should not continue that way.

Now my problem is ocular migraines! I havent had these for like 10 yrs. They are herendous. Your sight is obstructed by this sparkly thing that moves around, goes away fairly quick, and then you have the worst migraine imaginable. My sister is on another pill and has had three of these migraines during her first three cycles as well. Anyone else have headache/migraine/ocular migraine issues???

Old 01-23-2007, 10:30 AM   #26
(female)

CatntheHat HB User

Okay, I started Loestrin 24 fe about four months ago and no periods for me. It is disturbing because I keep taking pregnancy tests (which are thankfully negative) but it is still annoying. I talked to my gyn who said that I should give it about five months to regulate and then see how I like it and that a lot of women do not have a period while taking it. Now, I just feel crampy every day. It sucked when I first started taking it because I had a good three months of dizziness and nausea to the point where I could not be a passenger in any car, but that has passed now. I too had a period about two weeks into the first pack and that was the last time I saw my period. I started taking this one because I was previously on Yasmin and it caused me to have spotting all the time.

I too get the ocular aura but not the migraine. I just get the sparkly thing in my line of vision that moves from the middle to the outer edges of my vision within about 20 minutes. Then, I just feel tired and a bit achy like my sinues are aching. I just had one of these a couple of weeks ago and hadn't had one in a year previously.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:17 AM   #27
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatntheHat View Post
Okay, I started Loestrin 24 fe about four months ago and no periods for me. It is disturbing because I keep taking pregnancy tests (which are thankfully negative) but it is still annoying. I talked to my gyn who said that I should give it about five months to regulate and then see how I like it and that a lot of women do not have a period while taking it. Now, I just feel crampy every day. It sucked when I first started taking it because I had a good three months of dizziness and nausea to the point where I could not be a passenger in any car, but that has passed now. I too had a period about two weeks into the first pack and that was the last time I saw my period. I started taking this one because I was previously on Yasmin and it caused me to have spotting all the time.

I too get the ocular aura but not the migraine. I just get the sparkly thing in my line of vision that moves from the middle to the outer edges of my vision within about 20 minutes. Then, I just feel tired and a bit achy like my sinues are aching. I just had one of these a couple of weeks ago and hadn't had one in a year previously.
Yeah, the lack of period thing is worrisome, though I guess it's "normal" on this pill. I get spotting most months, but have only had maybe three full-out periods since I started it about eight months ago. Overall, I like Loestrin better than any other birth control pill I've tried (Yasmin was the WORST), but it's... weird.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:49 AM   #28
(female)

Kerbear7373 HB User

Hi all...
I'm so glad I found this post. I started on Yasmin a little over a year ago and was pretty shocked to find how much my sex drive dropped (I hadn't done a lot of BC research then). I told my doctor and she switched me to Loestrin 24 Fe. Honestly, while my overall mood seems to have improved, my sex drive is still pretty non-existent. I'm 26 and will be getting married this year. I would really like to enjoy my honeymoon. Does anyone know of a pill that doesn't eliminate your sex drive? I would appreciate ANY advice. I mean, I guess a birth control pill is doing its job if you never have sex...but I would rather that not be the case.

Old 01-23-2007, 12:55 PM   #29
(female)

CatntheHat HB User

How long have you been taking Loestrin, Kerbear? Maybe you need some time for your body to adjust? I was previously on Yasmin and I had a diminished sex drive. Quite possibly, the Yasmin had diminished my sex drive and I just attributed it to my being fulfilled in other ways by my relationship. Now that I have been on Loestrin for about four months, my libido seems to be increasing back to normal levels.

I just would like to have a period at some point. I just feel like I am super bloated and cramping like I should start in a week or so but I have two weeks at least before I start my placebo pills. Hopefully it will all even out.

Old 01-24-2007, 05:16 PM   #30
(female)

belfiore83 HB User

well, not glad it happened, but glad to hear that im not the only one with ocular aura/migraine issues. I have tried to disregard it but also having libido issues as well. Glad to hear it evens out for some ppl. Hope all these crappy symptoms even out in the next month or so! Im retaining so much water, I cant keep up with drinking enough to flush my system! What a pain.

Closed Thread