It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2006, 04:37 PM   #1
(female)

Emerson80 HB User
Question Two missed Periods - Not Pregnant

I have missed two periods, this week is the second month that I did not have one.
The months before, my period kept getting lighter and lighter.

After I missed my period last month, a week and a half after my missed period, I took 2 home tests. Both were negative.

Any idea what could be causing this?

I am on Lo-Ovral 28s.

Help!!!

Old 05-25-2006, 05:23 AM   #2
(female)

ace8484 HB User
Re: Two missed Periods - Not Pregnant

If I were you, I would call my GYN for a blood pregnancy test, just to be sure that it wasn't a false negative. Some people stop getting periods while taking birth control. If this bothers you, you should talk to your doctor about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2006, 06:06 AM   #3
(female)

Emerson80 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace8484
If I were you, I would call my GYN for a blood pregnancy test, just to be sure that it wasn't a false negative. Some people stop getting periods while taking birth control. If this bothers you, you should talk to your doctor about it.
I took another test yesterday because I start a new pack of pills tomorrow. This would be my second missed period.
It was clearly negative again.

So that's three tests that agree.

I did have some bloodwork done with my PCP last week because he was worried about thyroid problems. I told him I had missed a period. When he did bloodwork everything was fine.

Stress or maybe some meds I am taking for depression could be causing it.

Old 05-26-2006, 09:37 AM   #4
(female)

chicken84 HB User

Have you ever had an irregualr period? I am usually very irregualr even on birth control. I can sometimes go up to 6 months without getting a period and still not be pregnant.

Old 05-26-2006, 09:50 AM   #5
(female)

Emerson80 HB User

I have had a mix between either really bad periods or very very lights ones.

I don't mind not having a period, but it still worries me.

Old 05-26-2006, 06:22 PM   #6
(female)

k_c_lady HB User

I had the some of the same problems. It's either I don't have a period for two months or I have them very two weeks. Thats even on the pill. I took 3 tests and they all came out neg.. But I don't trust the tests that much. Before I found out that I was pergo with my son, I took 4 tests and they all came out neg.. The fifth one was pos.. What a waste of money. This last time after the 3 tests I went to my doc to find out. And I wasn't. : ( I think I am going to change from the pill to the shot. I am just so sick of being on my period! or not having one at all! I am also on a lot of meds. I take cortef(a steroid), and I am sure that has something to do with it! I hop things get better! Kiesha

Old 05-26-2006, 07:41 PM   #7
(female)

Emerson80 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace8484
My doctor did a blood test a week ago, which was three weeks after my first missed period. This was after I took two home test which were negative.
After missing my period again this month, I took another home test which was negative.

Do you think it's even possible I am pregnant?

Old 05-26-2006, 08:44 PM   #8
(female)

k_c_lady HB User
Lightbulb Re: Two missed Periods - Not Pregnant

Your doc would have called if your where prego. ~Kiesha~

Old 05-26-2006, 08:45 PM   #9
(female)

Emerson80 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_c_lady
Your doc would have called if your where prego. ~Kiesha~
I talked to him on thursday and he said it was negative.
I took another home test tonight and it appears to be negative as well.

I am thinking I am not.

Old 05-27-2006, 02:44 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

Hi when you have missed periods it for a reason, I missed my periods it started over a year ago , sometimes i would have 2 a month and sometimes i would miss for 3 months, all the doctors would say its stress?? i started to feel realy ill like i had a bad flu aa the time it got so bad i could not move, anyway I am trying to tell the story in short, down the line I got diagnosed with a underactive thyroid. I know you said that you have a your thyroid tested but this dors not mean that your thyroid is working at (A1) it could be droping, if you can get your results with ranges and post them, I will have a look its your TSH and your free t4 here in England we dont get a free t3 test. Iam missing periods now for the last 3 months and its come back I have a high prolactin ( google prolactin) hope this is of some help... Mandy

Last edited by MAD MAZ; 05-27-2006 at 02:52 AM.

Closed Thread