It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2006, 01:49 PM   #1
(female)

InHiding1984 HB User
Cerazette side effects

Hi people.

I am on Cerazette (POP/mini pill) and I have just started to take the 4th months pack and I've had a few problems with my periods. I started taking it intially because I had very very bad cramps, vomiting, faintness etc when i was on.

I know that this pill doesnt garuntee regularity with periods, and on the 2nd month of taking them I had had a period that lasted 14 days, so I went to the doc and he said it was normal, and to wait for 3 months being up, as it takes 3 months to get used to it...

So I waited 3 months and went back to the docs to get repeat prescription etc and said the only problem i had had was the periods i have had were very light, but lasted weeks. She said it could just be because I had taken it an hour late or so a few times.

Now...for some reason, I have been on my period for 3 weeks now...is this normal, or should I go back to the doctors? Its very very annoying, as I was suposed to finish before I was on holiday, but it wasnt, and its been 3 weeks, and I keep thinking its stopped, then it starts back again. Its light, but it wont stop!

Should I go to the docs, or not? As I have the feeling they will just say to wait a bit to see if it clears up.

I appreciate any help you have

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2006, 02:03 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

mayam HB User
Re: Cerazette side effects

This is one of the problems with the mini pill. It is not harmful, just annoying, but it is a very good pill for people who can't take oestrogen. It lessens the risks. If you like Cerazette I would persevere with it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2006, 02:38 AM   #3
(female)

InHiding1984 HB User

okay, thanks...I tought it would be as much

Old 06-19-2006, 04:31 AM   #4
(female)

Rosie100 HB User

Hi there! if you look down the list of posts you will see one that myself and Michelle have been posting in for a few weeks now about Cerazette. The name of the post is just "Cerazette" and im sure that you will probably find some of the info we have been posting is relevant to you! Rosie x

Old 06-19-2006, 07:35 AM   #5
(female)

InHiding1984 HB User

Yep I habe just looked.

Its still going after 3 and a bit weeks now...not sure how much longer I can take, as its really really annoying. I'm supposed to be due on my next period in a week or so so im gunna give it till the end of the week...

If Im still on after 4 weeks, do you think I should go back to the doctors, and see what they say? Could it perhaps be a matter of changing my pill to another one?

If I did have to change pills, do you carry on with it straight after you stop your old one, or do you have to wait at all? And does the contraceptive effect continue to work when you change to a different pill?

Old 06-19-2006, 08:09 AM   #6
(female)

Rosie100 HB User

I phoned my doctors surgery first off as i am living out of the UK at the moment and couldnt easily get there. My doctor wasnt available so i spoke to a male doctor who didnt seem to care and just said "its normal to have bleeding on this pill" and told me to stick with it because eventually your periods can stop altogether. (that was the first point where i thought "hmmm...do i really want that to happen? how would i know if i was accidentaly pregnant? is it a good idea to have no periods at all?!) i didnt think that the amount of bleeding i was having was healthy so i stuck with it for a while and saw no change. i then went onto the combined pill as my blood pressure had dropped to normal after i lost a few pounds of weight. and also i like the idea of a regular bleed each month. i went straight onto it from taking cerazette, no days in between and you are still protected. however, everytime i have changed over pills i have used extra precaution for 7 days to be safe.
id say that if you are still having the irregular bleeding like i was, then go back to your doc after 3 or 4 months and change to another type. there are plenty of pills out there, there must be one for each of us! (thats what im hoping anyway!) my pharmacist said to me that cerazette agrees with very few people and she has had lots of women wanting to get off it. i hope this helps you! Rosie x

Old 06-19-2006, 08:18 AM   #7
(female)

InHiding1984 HB User

I spoke to my mum just now, and i know she's on the mini pill, and asked her if she had her periods go weird, and she said yes. Said that she would have them weird, then for a couple of months she wouldnt have any...

That sound about right?

Old 06-19-2006, 08:25 AM   #8
(female)

InHiding1984 HB User

I think im gunna wait untill my next period was supposed to start, then go back if it never stopped. Mines light, and not painful at all...I hardly know im on except for when I go to the bathroom.

It hasnt made my sex life bad, as its quite light, and my BF doesnt mind (its hard to keep his hands off me :P) its just it would be nice to be able to have sex without any bleeding

So you think I maybe should change pills if it doesnt work out right? I was tempted to quit taking the pill, but the reason i went onto it in the first place was because I was having major problems with my periods being very very painful, and making me throw up all the time, so I dont wanna have to go back to that...

I cant be put onto the combined pill as I am too overweight (high BMI) and I've been trying to loose weight for 3 years, and nothings worked (although people are saying I look slimmer)

Last edited by InHiding1984; 06-19-2006 at 08:28 AM. Reason: forgot something

Old 06-20-2006, 02:04 AM   #9
(female)

Rosie100 HB User

Id say its totally up to you. I suppose having longer but lighter bleeds is better for you than being doubled up in pain every month. For me, id always had regular, relatively OK periods and with Cerazette I was literally bleeding 3 weeks out of a month which was far too annoying for me and costing me a fortune in tampons!! Ha! If you can deal with the bleeding, stick with it. If it is getting you down or you cant cope with it, then speak to your doctor and explain the problem. There are other mini pills and other forms of contraception all together and your doctor should be there to help you! Good luck anyway. (I cant wait for when they get the male pill developed and on the market! Let them deal with it instead! Ha!) Rosie x

Old 07-05-2006, 04:11 PM   #10
(female)

InHiding1984 HB User

well last time i had my period it was for 4 weeks...right over my holiday and after then i stopped for a week...and now im spotting again...grr...

Im gunna see how long this lasts this time, then if its too long, go to the doc...Think thats a good idea?

Closed Thread