It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2006, 02:04 PM   #1
(female)

carolinagirl1 HB User
Will i ever quit bleeding???? Help!!

Ok... On Saturday May 27 i started my period, the next day (sunday) I started my 1st pack of birth control pills, Alesse, per my doctor. Two weeks passed & i my period never ended. So I called my DR & she switched my birth control to Trinessa, b/c she said Alesse was a very low hormone which was probably making me continue. I kept taking the pills like i was supposed to & never missed a dose. I still never quit bleeding (I am pretty weak by now from the bleeding i suppose), so i make an appt. with my DR this Monday that just passed. She put me on Medroxypr (5mg) to take only with the active blue pills (which i am on now). She said i should stop bleeding within 2 days. I am STILL bleeding today (5 days later). Let me throw in that my husband & I are newlyweds (been married 2 months) & this is really getting in the way, if you know what i mean. We have only had sex twice since i have started BC.. Some people have said that the bleeding doesnt bother there sex life, but i really bothers me. Does anyone have ANY clue if this is normal. I know break-through bleeding is very normal, but bleeding nonstop for this long??? I am so frustrated! Another question is I only have 4 more days left to take the Active Blue pill & then i have to take the non-active pill & get my normal period, so my question is: Will it hurt if i skip the non-active pill? My body is already out of whack, could it really hurt anything? I'll probably still be bleeding anyway.. Has anyone ever been thru this or know when i will quit bleeding? I know my DR is probably tired of hearing from me! Any advice would be VERY helpful!! Thanks! (sorry this is soo long!)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2006, 06:29 AM   #2
(female)

alwayssmile HB User
Re: Will i ever quit bleeding???? Help!!

Hi Carolinagirl1,

It was interesting to read about your problem and you and I went through the same thing. I've been married for 4 months now and right before I got married my Dr. started me on Seasonale bc (you are only supposed to get your period once every three months, with break through bleeding possible the first year you are taking the pill). On the third week being on that bc I started bleeding and it wouldn't quit. Some days it was very hard as the bleeding was actually pretty heavy. My doctor wanted me to wait at least two months to see if my body would get used to the pill. It never did. I actually bled for over 2 months, then she gave me samples of YAZ, the new bc to see if it changes anything, but I still had to finish my last month on Seasonale. I couldn't wait. I did take all the pink active pills, but once it got to the week of white inactive pills I just through the whole pack away and didn't take them at all. My bleeding got heavier that week as it was supposed to I guess, but then it stopped completely on Thursday or Friday of that week and I started on YAZ the following Sunday. It was a very big difference.
Hang in there!

Old 07-03-2006, 01:31 PM   #3
(female)

carolinagirl1 HB User
Re: Will i ever quit bleeding???? Help!!

Thanks for your reply! I feel better hearing that someone else has gone through this. I am trying to stick it out, but it's hard.. I'm just so tired of bleeding!!

Closed Thread